Ruger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saying a wadcutter is a light recoil cartridge is foolish.

Wadcutter is a bullet shape, not a cartridge. A wadcutter bullet in the same case and with the same load as a bullet with a different shape will exhibit about the same recoil.

One of my favorite 38 special self defense loads is a hard cast 148 grain wadcutter with 4.8 grains of Unique. It is a fire breather in a 38 snubby.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I have a bunch of 158 gr semi wadcutter, 38 special. If I remember correctly I put these together over 20 years ago. I
don't remember when I stopped reloading . but it was about the same time frame. Back to the semi wadcutter I enjoy shooting them out of my SP 101.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I ordered several boxes of Underwood 150gr hard cast wadcutters a week ago. In spite of the holiday weekend I had them in hand in five days. I'm looking forward to getting out to give them a try.

I had been using Federal Match HBWC's for practice. My Service Six has been very accurate with wadcutters. I watched the Lucky Gunner videos and I am liking what they are saying.

The first 12 rounds I put through my revolver were wadcutters, then followed up on the target with rimfire.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts