Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Wal-Mart in an attempt to organize a really cluttered up, [email protected] up bunch of gun safes. I got the idea after seeing these in Cabela's for $29.95:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat601048&hasJS=true

I picked up what you see here for $2.69 EACH! That's less than 10% for the exact same thing! They are vinyl coated, and won't mar any gun. It's much better, and more handy than keeping them in cases.

This is the bunch of gun cases that was left behind in my reorganization attempt.

Now I have at least got a plan. 1 down, 3 to go.

This is a really good way to take advantage of every square inch your gun safe has to offer. Bill T.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,670 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I ordered a new safe and it should be here next month. I'll probably copy your idea and install the "dish racks".

·
Registered
301 Posts
Excellent information and bargain priced too. However, I notice that your safe is very full and quite possibly unsafe. I suggest that you immediately send some of those handguns to me for safekeeping. ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dang guess where im going this weekend thanks for the tip

·
Registered
236 Posts
Great Idea!

Now all we need is a separate "Save-a-Buck" tips forum here! :D

·
Banned
723 Posts
Thanks for reminding me that I need to go to WalMart tomorrow. :)

I've been meaning to pick up a couple of those Racks, but keep forgetting.

Biker

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the great idea. You made my day as I picked up some of the racks, filled them up and find that there is room for more!!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
This is one of those "why didn't I think of that" things. Thnaks, you just saved me bunch of money.

·
Registered
211 Posts
billt, that a great idea. Saves money for more ammo!

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,670 Posts
Song Dawg, I ordered a Zanatti safe, model ZA-II. Probably the best built gun safe on the market. The best feature is it come in 6 pieces. The empty weight is 500 lbs assembled. The beauty of a Zanatti safe is it can be taken apart and reassembled. Once assembled, it is just as strong as a welded safe. I will be installing the new safe in my basement. If I put a conventional safe in my basement, I'd have all sorts of logistics problems. That's why my current safe is in a spare bedroom and my wife is pissed because she wants the space for something else. Besides, Mark Zanatti is a great guy and is located in Iowa. Here's a link: http://www.zanottiarmorsafes.com/zanotti_final.pdf

·
Banned
700 Posts
Iowegan, Thanks!
That's a very nice safe and he displays it very well via the pdf. Great idea as well.
Don't forget to take your wife out to dinner at least!;)

SD

·
Registered
295 Posts
Gun Safe

Zanotti Armor is closed because of Flooding: Do not call or call and leave a message.

I couldn't find prices so I just hung up from the answering machine @Zanotti Armor.

Do any of you have any kind of pricing. ZA11 6' and some configuration prices?

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well a great idea. But have yet to find these in my local W/M will have to start serching the others.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts