Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Handgun ammo...yes...several months ago. The lack of rifle ammo is due to the country's current crisis.

·
Forlorn Hope
412 Posts
My understanding is no handgun ammo, and no "short barrel rifle ammo" as in .223 and 5.56. But some stores will just drop ammo all together.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Some of the stores have the guns and ammo put in the back under secure storage, Because of the mayham that has been going on. Ours did for a week or so. It's back on the self now. But they are sold out of guns.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
It’s very location-specific. As noted above, handgun and MSR (223) are now not sold per corporate policy. But other than that, all you can do is visit the store and see what they have. In my travels I have seen Walmart’s that have firearms sections that rival a decent LGS with extensive reloading to others that you would be hard pressed to find a camo hat.

Also, don’t call. I have no faith that a Walmart employee would be able to provide any meaningful help or understand what you are asking over the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah just have to ask for what you want. Then they go get it. For 22's i would give them a 1st 2nd and 3rd choice. The 22's have been slim pickens. I stocked up while the getting was good. I still grab a brick or 2 when they have them.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Today at a local Walmart I was able to buy 200 rounds of CCI .22 LR.
First time in a very long time that has happened.
Left several more of them for the next lucky guy.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I went into one to see what they had. My local gun shop down the street had almost no ammo and were running out of weapons. The Walmart had no hand gun ammo, a little .22 ammo, some small amounts of rifle ammo, including, to my surprise, a box of 222 ammo. Their shotgun ammo was down to almost nothing, especially 12 guage oobuck. I even went to Academy sporting good store, same problem. It appears that people are stocking up again. Remember when this happened in 2008? The gun shop said that just calling in a sale is taking hours. Not god..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts