Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to find the closest Walmart to me that has guns? The ones nearest to where I live do not have them. Can I do a search on their website?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Since they don't advertise firearms online, you'll probably just have to do a google search for Walmarts in your area and start making phone calls to their sporting goods dept. Good luck.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Yep. You're just going to have to start calling around. All of the Wal-Marts around here sell guns.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you are looking for a deal, from what I understand Wallmart doesn't offer much of a savings on guns over other chain stores. Its not like the deals you find on groceries or dvd's.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Since they don't advertise firearms online, you'll probably just have to do a google search for Walmarts in your area and start making phone calls to their sporting goods dept. Good luck.

They do have guns online. But you have to call for prices.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Since I live so close to the Peoples Republik of Maryland, I am about equidistant from the Walmart in WV (30 min drive) and the one in Md (about (25 min drive).

There is quite a difference in the type of guns that they sell. In Md it is mostly hunting type rifles and shotguns. In WV they have several "service" type rifles, Sig 556, Bushmaster, etc. They also have M4 looking .22 cal in WV and Md doesn't.

They will occasionally have the military surplus 5.56 mm 62 gr in the ammo box (several hundred rounds) in WV but I have never seen it in Md - only small boxes of 20.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My local Wal Mart carries some ammo, and some long guns.

Never seen a handgun there though.

You have to go to their web sight, find what you want, and then choose the Store Finder option.

You might find what you want this way. But maybe not.

My opinion is that Wal Mart would be my last resort, but your mileage may vary.

Duane

·
Registered
141 Posts
I remember when Wally had handguns many years ago. First they quit carrying them, but you could still order one. Then they stopped that practice as well. K Mart also used to have handguns. Do they even have guns anymore? There is no Kmart withing driving range for me to check.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wally World has actually been putting long guns in their Sunday newspaper ads here the past couple of weeks.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
I think mom and pop shops have better prices than those chain stores and better service!
Not around here. Wal-Mart is always cheaper.

But if you're going to buy online, they're cheaper than both if you buy in bulk.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
I remember when Wally had handguns many years ago. First they quit carrying them, but you could still order one. Then they stopped that practice as well. K Mart also used to have handguns. Do they even have guns anymore? There is no Kmart withing driving range for me to check.
Kmart hasn't had guns even here in Georgia in years. I'm guessing it's been the late 90's.

I can't remember the last time I set foot in a Kmart. They have closed all of them around here anyways. :)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Haven't seen a WalMart around here that sold firearms for years.l am thinking its probably a California thing here though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Try Wallmart.com/firearms that is just an address from the flyer I got advertising guns for sale. I think every store is different, the local one has guns some do some don't. Mine does not carry reloading supplies but others in this state do go figure.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Some Walmarts around here sell guns, but from what I've seen, nothing but junk. And it's only cheapo rifles. I thought they might sell 10/22's, but I've never seen one there. And they keep them locked up on end in this circular clear sided case. They're hard to see and I've never wasted my time asking about what was in there.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
that's what i've had to do in my area. about half do and half don't so i just went to their website and started making calls. be prepared to wait to get connected to the sports department.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Wally Worlds here have a pretty good selection of long guns. The prices are little if any better than other stores, though. The big thing is that Wal-Mart has "exclusives" made just for them. They've had some nice exclusive 10/22s in the past. Don't know if they have anything exclusive right now.

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
My local Walmart stopped selling around 2005 and I got the best deal I ever got on a firearm getting it on sale then. I got a NIB 870 Supermag for $199 and got a $50 Remington rebate on it as well. A brand new Supermag for $149, I was happy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts