Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have become obsessed with the idea of owning a 10/22 and converting it into an AR-platform.
For some reason I want the TD model AND make it into an AR but I struggle to find good solutions. I like quality so aluminum is preferable as far as it is possible. One factor is that I live in Europe and we haven't got the same haven of gunparts as you do in the US.

The ideal solution would be to buy a TD and if possible, drop it into Ruger's own SR-22 Conversion kit but I don't know if that is possible as standard or doable with a little workaround.
I can accept that a solution robs the TD of it's TD-function, as long as it becomes a good looking and working AR-platform.

Any guidance? Should I just surrender the idea to get the TD and go with a standard version? In that case, options abound and it is more a matter of preference and cost.

Grateful for the collective wisdom of a forum.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Paying extra for a 10/22 TD and then putting it into a stock that eliminates the TD feature makes no sense. Either keep it as a TD or buy the standard rifle and put it into an AR-style stock

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like to keep options and right now I can get a TD for the same price as a standard, hence my questions.

Paying extra for a 10/22 TD and then putting it into a stock that eliminates the TD feature makes no sense. Either keep it as a TD or buy the standard rifle and put it into an AR-style stock

·
Registered
198 Posts
Don't know if available in Europe.

PMACA Lightweight Takedown Chassis
https://pmacamfg.com/pmaca-lightweight-takedown-chassis/

How can I export a chassis to my country ?

We have an exporter, you need to find an importer.

Contact info:
Adriana Pignone
THOR INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATES CORP.
10925 NW 27th Street # 201-G
Miami, FL 33172 (USA)
Tel & Fax: 305-967-8019
Mobile: 954-471-5606
[email protected]

·
Registered
252 Posts
- accomodates sloping or bull barrel
- no need for a Copper Custom adapter
- takes AR/AK extensions
- takes standard grips
- folds, breaks down into a compact package
- has pic rail underside front chassis
- quality aluminum (i didn't go for the lightweight version)
- different colors
- reasonable price

it's all good...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts