Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used the Nate Squared Tactical Holster for carry? I want to carry my SR40c IWB for daily carry, and this holster is really comfortable. It also keeps perspiration off the pistol on warm, humid days.

I carry with one round chambered, and safety off, so my question is... would you feel comfortable carrying IWB with this holster, considering the retention is provided by some kind of 'spandex'-like material which forms pretty snugly around the trigger guard?

I know that this holster isn't great for easy re-holstering without removing the holster, but it is comfortable for longer periods of carry.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
The holster itself would probably be okay...I would probably question carrying with the safety in the 'off' position! I'd think that is where your greatest degree of risk is going to be!

·
Registered
332 Posts
The holster is undoubtedly comfortable. Personally I would not habitually be carrying the SRC40 with one in the tube and the safety off. The LC9 and the LCP .... yes. The SR9 or SR40 ... NO. The trigger on those pistols is a really really great trigger ... which also makes it require that the safety would normally be ON if it's going to be on my body. Certain situations could change that rule.

Others will tell you differently and I'm not criticizing them. I'm just telling you how I'd carry the SRC40. In my experience [and I've had some] I've never been in a situation that required a fast draw and I doubt if I ever will. I have been in situations where I took the safety off for a certain period of time until the situation changed. Then the safety went back on. My advice it to be always acutely aware of your surroundings and act accordingly. Being prepared means different things under different conditions.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Personally, I'd never carry any gun with the safety off. I carry a SR40 everyday and I keep one in the chamber with the safety on. When I draw I automatically take the safety off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The kohlster holster is a good one for IWB carry. That's what I use for my sr9c. You can't beat his warranty either. Even if you cut it he will replace or fix any issues with the holster if any arise. Example, I did a combat cut on mine and I noticed the gun isn't very snug and would pop out if I ran or jumped. Contacted kohlster and they said that wasn't right. They sent me a brand new one with a stamped package to ship them the defective one even tho I cut it. The new one is just as comfortable and holds the gun in place. Check them out and if you like what you see pm me for a code to get 10% off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your replies.

I think that I'll carry my SR40c in some kind of hybrid holster that will enable me to practice drawing/dis-engaging the safety/re-holstering.

Since the holster I mentioned at the beginning of this thread really isn't designed for re-holstering for this kind of practice, and since I need to work on moving the thumb safety on/off as part of removing and re-holstering the pistol, I need to find a holster that's more suitable for this practice.

If the arthritis in my strong hand thumb doesn't permit effective and quick operation of the safety from the on position, and if I'm using a holster that will isolate the trigger from any unintentional pressure while carrying, then I might continue to carry with the safety on.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I carry with a Remora holster. I really like it. It is comfortable with my SR40. I would get one with a reinforced top. It draws easy and reholsters nice and they are not expensive. Check them out.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I carry my full size SR40 in a Crossbreed Supertuck, safety off. No different that a Glock at that point. Your number one safety should be your index finger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Open Carry is coming to Texas

Please help me out with some good open carry holsters. Not that I'm that into open carry but I'd like to have one just in case. Although I don't think the law is effective until Jan 1, 2016.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts