Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a 10/22...spent good money...have tried two stocks (archangel and Tacsolutions). I would like to find a heavy, thick benchrest (flat bottom stock, wide forearm) and would.like a natural wood finish. Bull barrel.

Does this exist? And if so I would love ideas

Thanks

·
Registered
10,425 Posts
Nothing i have ever come across ... at least not in solid wood

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing i have ever come across ... at least not in solid wood
Thank you for.the reply. It is tough to find. I have found a few laminated wood stocks...but they have streaky weird colors throughout. I would like the stock to look simple,

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Most seem to be Laminates ... the hot thing in wood now days and used in Target stocks for stability . But if a stock can be made from a laminate blank it can be made from a solid wood blank . Herters let you choose what wood you wanted laminate / solid wood blank , made it and mailed it to you . Check with these companies and see if you can order what you want :

Stocky's, llc : www.NewRifleStocks.com or www.stockysstocks.com
Boyds Gunstocks : www.boydsgunstocks.com
Macon Gunstocks : www.macongunstocks.com

If the old Herter's were still in business , getting a stock would be no problem .
Gary

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Thank you for the tip!! Boyds is the ticket. I spoke with their head tech...(great service)...and placed an order.

Thanks again!!
As I was looking up the links for stock suppliers ...you found Boyds and an answer to your question .
I'm leaving the links posted in case anyone else wants to explore the wonderful world of wood stocks ...
By the way ... what did you order ?
Gary

·
Registered
29 Posts
They make great stocks, every single stock I've bought from them has fit perfect. Any problems, they are quick to fix.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I briefly looked into a replacement stock for my Ruger 77/22 boat paddle rifle.
Apparently there is some sort of trigger difference, or ?? that makes it a different fit.
Make CERTAIN you contact the stock maker with your exact model to make sure it will fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts