Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy guys just wondering if anyone knows a good guy in NY or near by states that can do engraving on my action and trigger guard and floor plate, I’d like to spice the gun up a little bit. It’s a stainless model.
And let me know your thoughts on doing this with out it rusting after and any experiencehaving this done.
It’s nothing I’m in a hurry to do.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
No experience here with engraving but being stainless steel, it is not likely to rust afterwards. Not that it couldn't but with a light oil and proper storage, probably never will. Good luck Stihl!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know if I try to polish up my ruger Hawkeye that’s Matt stainless it will end up rusting cause I’ve consider doing that but one guy said that the matt finish being removed it would rust so I had to ask.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I know if I try to polish up my ruger Hawkeye that’s Matt stainless it will end up rusting cause I’ve consider doing that but one guy said that the matt finish being removed it would rust so I had to ask.
Have you actually experienced this rust?

I have a 77 Mark II, a GP100, a Red Label, and a No.1. All of them are stainless and finished with Ruger's old buffing wheel (what I term brushed) finish. A finish between matte and polished to give you an idea. All of them have been hunted with and out in the rain. For days without significant care. None of them have rusted, even under the stocks or grips.

Engraving will give you recesses for moisture to hang out in. With a rub down of oil occasionally, I would be surprised if you have a rusting issue.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Veritas Machining is who I've used for all my NFA engraving needs.

When I was on the board of directors of a gun group, we sent any guns we raffled or gave away to them to have our logo engraved on the guns.

He is in SW Michigan.
I feel he does great work at a fair price.

Contact them and see if he can do what you want done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts