Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bad!

For years I have been saying you need Ruger rings to fit a Ruger that has either the quarter rib or the 1V Ruger bases. Well I was wrong. Other manufacturers do sell rings to fit the Ruger bases. Here for example, are Warne rings to fit a Ruger No 1 or a Hawkeye:

Ruger Number One - The Ruger #1 Single Shot Rifle

At $38 a set for fixed rings they are a bargain. I have Warne rings on a couple other of my rifles and they are just fine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I too like Warne Rings, have them mounted on several medium to large caliper rifles and even have them on a 500 Mag Revolver. Never had a problem with them. The measurements listed for the height of their rings is dead on when trying to decide which height to order.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used a set of Warne QD rings on my Ruger no. 1 375 H&H mag., for my African safari, in July of 2011. They worked superbly. Taking them on and off the rifle, they stayed within 1/4" of sight in. Warne makes great rings.

Mad Dog

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Nearly every company makes a ring to fit a Ruger base. Warne, Redfield, Leupold and many others. I actually never buy Ruger brand rings, because they are expensive and the quality is not great these days. They always need lapping

1 - 6 of 6 Posts