Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whew! October is approaching, and it's safe to say the broiling we've endured the past few months is finally over. How hot was it for all y'all?

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Some of those demonstrate how good polymer is in the heat. Wouldn't melt if they were metal.......:D
Polymer has its place in the gun industry as long as they are high quality. The polymers you see in these pictures are low quality and melt at a much lower temperature.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Polymer has its place in the gun industry as long as they are high quality. The polymers you see in these pictures are low quality and melt at a much lower temperature.
You'll see I was kidding (smiley face?). I have two LCRs, but honestly wouldn't trust leaving them in summer sun or a closed car for long.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
You'll see I was kidding (smiley face?). I have two LCRs, but honestly wouldn't trust leaving them in summer sun or a closed car for long.
I have some rifles and pistols that are in the hundred year old range and all work perfect. And I have some new polymer pistols and wonder what they will look like in a 100 years.:confused:

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
still hot here, but definitely trending the right direction. i think we've seen the last of 100+ days. most are in the low to mid 90s now with a few in the high 80s. looking forward to a few weeks from now when it might actually get legitimately cool. fingers crossed.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
still hot here, but definitely trending the right direction. i think we've seen the last of 100+ days. most are in the low to mid 90s now with a few in the high 80s. looking forward to a few weeks from now when it might actually get legitimately cool. fingers crossed.
Now that I'm back in Seattle its 60 degrees and overcast.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Still hot here. Will hit 103 tomorrow. This year turned out to be the 3rd hottest summer on record for our county. Yes, I am ready for Fall.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Spring here, very comfortable. :D
Summer starts December.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts