Ruger Forum banner

Wasn’t ready for that

835 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Lc45 
#1 ·
Well I nailed my third deer this year with the Fang crossbow and swacker mechanical broadhead, am still in awe of the killing power of this set up.....was not prepared for the deer locker to be so full they refused my deer though..first time that has happened...now I remember why I started using them years ago and after hacking this one up I hope it doesn’t happen again.
Back in the “day” it seemed easier oh well I should enjoy the back straps that much more. The worst part is I don’t need meat I shot the deer because the processor makes the best summer sausage I have had in 40 years and thought it would be nice to share some with family and friends. He promised me if I cut it up and freeze it he will make sausage for me in the near future :)
He also makes the best meat sticks I have ever had by far....maybe one more deer for those if I am lucky.

That makes 6 deer with the crossbow the past two seasons which answers another post I started “ is a crossbow good for deer”
Life is good
Good luck the rest of the season folks still have a few weeks left 🦌

#2 ·
Even though I usually have 4 tags I'm usually one and done. I have some relatives that would take a deer if I shot a second one but they would get it on the hoof. The processing is getting really pricey as the number cutting them up is getting less and less in our area.

#5 ·
Lc45. Good update here on your efforts this season. Sounds like your setup has paid off. Good luck to the rest of your season and enjoy the full freezer! Be safe and congratulations on a job well done. You answered your question from the previous thread! I have a feeling you wont let anything go to waste...time well spent these past two seasons. Rick

#6 · (Edited)
Well I was loading up the frozen venison from my last kill to take to the processor for some sausage and meat sticks and low and behold a spike was standing out back and my crossbow was at hand.

Now one deer for sausage and one for meat sticks to share....I love this crossbow have taken seven deer with it the past two seasons so far and only one with a Ruger American in 308.

We eat venison for about 80% of our red meat so I have been fortunate to have been successful...it lets me walk around the house dragging my knuckles and brag to my wife about what a great shot I am (20-25 yards tops)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.