1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://worldmaps.web.infoseek.co.jp/usa_hawaii_guide.htm

Here's me on the beach in Hawaii

Here one of my favorite beaches on the Big Island - Hapuna Beach

Beautiful Hapuna Beach is the biggest expanse of white sand beach on the Big Island, and lies about 40 minutes north of Kailua-Kona.

I don't care if it is surrounded by water on all sides, the Aloha Spirit is a way of life, just like the cowboy spirit is a way of life.

I'm still gonna try and put together a pictorial for you all of my trip over there this last year... I and my lovely wife had 3 wonderfull weeks that we spent there. One week on Oahu, and two weeks on the Big Island. I will say the Big Island is more layed back and relaxing.

Pau Hana, means "Its all good"

Aloha :D

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Only been there courtesy of the US Navy, and they didn't give me much time to sight see. Just around Pearl Harbor Naval Base for a half day. My wife has been trying to get me to take her there but I told her I wanted to drive and the bridge hasn't been built yet.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

Only been there courtesy of the US Navy, and they didn't give me much time to sight see. Just around Pearl Harbor Naval Base for a half day. My wife has been trying to get me to take her there but I told her I wanted to drive and the bridge hasn't been built yet.
Iffin ya only got to see around Pearl City, you didn't get to see much. Pearl City, Honolulu to Diamond Head etc is just a cluster and will quickly remind anyone visiting, its just another big city area with LOTS of people in it, kinda like the SF Bay Area... City after city connected and as endless as a complete circle. On Oahu you got to get over to North Shore area, experience pizza at Bob's and see the Dole plantation.

Dang for my next trip I think I'm gonna order this shirt... ya all remember ol Magnum PI :D

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

gunman42782, now that looks like a great elk hunting area up there behind you ... accessable by horseback, and remember they will let you shoot from the saddle at least once ya know :D

·
Registered
557 Posts
JB, I've been to Hawaii several times. Nice place but expensive.

Here's one of my get aways.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

quote:Originally posted by 2400

It can be IF you eat in expensive restaurants.
We actually rent a condo w/friends, hit the Farmers
Markets in Kona, and then off to Costco. But yes for
the average joe, it can cost a bundle or even his or
her life savings for a two week stay.

I just don't know if we can pull this off again this
year... but its a real nice thought. I'm dreamin
about snorkel beach and what you see under water :D

·
Registered
557 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JB

quote:Originally posted by 2400

It can be IF you eat in expensive restaurants.
We actually rent a condo w/friends, hit the Farmers
Markets in Kona, and then off to Costco. But yes for
the average joe, it can cost a bundle or even his or
her life savings for a two week stay.
:D
I have a cousin that lives on Oahu, I was still in the service last time I was there. It was nice, I had a great time but it was expensive and I imagine it hasn't got any cheaper since then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts