Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We didn't get near as much as some other states or even other parts of Ky but enough to close schools and many businesses here early yesterday. Zero traffic in my neighborhood last night. Although the main rds weren't all that bad later on, there were a lot of wrecks and cars in the ditches. It was right slick where I live. Not enough ice to hurt most larger trees but kinda worked on some shrubs and of course the dog had to go out at 2AM. Raining now and melting.:)
Baker

·
Registered
219 Posts
Now I feel like a wimp for complaining about 58 degrees and cloudy in PHX this morning. Went out and had to wear a sweatshirt and flight jacket to stay warm.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
That's how it looked in Louisville as well. Many trees sagging, some broken and a small handful of powerlines down. I only saw 2 cars off the sides of the roads as well. I'm glad it's all melting now, I hate driving in these conditions more than any other.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Would love to be Wizard. Maybe in Fort Myers Beach or Sanibel Island. :D I'm partial to that area but anywhere warm now would be nice. LOL

Taurus, the bad part is, I'm in North Central Florida. We had rain and a pretty good rain storm last night.....it was a warm front going through.

BTW: Taurus, my bil is wanting to buy a Taurus Millenium 9mm. Do you know anything about that gun? good...bad...so-so.....

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Taurus, the bad part is, I'm in North Central Florida. We had rain and a pretty good rain storm last night.....it was a warm front going through.

BTW: Taurus, my bil is wanting to buy a Taurus Millenium 9mm. Do you know anything about that gun? good...bad...so-so.....

Wizard,

After the weather here I'll take a little rain and warm temps please. :)

Regarding the MilPro series, I personally don't own one but many on www.taurusarmed.net do. I'd provide the link to the subforum but it won't let you view until you've registered.

From accounts given by owners on the board it's a good little pistol and I've thought about picking up a PT-111 in the past, just have yet to get around to it because I've always found something else I needed or wanted more at the time. Here is one member's account of his:

"Hi All, I am new to the Taurus forum. I just bought the Black PT145. Man what a gun. AT first I was a little po'd because I read some of the posts here and thought I made a big mistake. I took the new beauty to the range and put 100 rounds through her. The first thing that happened was the magazine fell out. I realized it was my fat thumb just touching the release on recoil. I changed my grip and remedied the situation. I will test that again when I return to the range. It ate everything I put in. 50 rounds remington UMC FMJ and 50 Sellier Bellot FMJ. No Hollow points yet. The gun fired flawlessly. I have to work on Aim a bit. I was a little distracted. The place sounded like a Warzone with everyone firing at once and I couldn't concentrate. Also my wife was next to me firing my Bersa Thunder 380 and I had to assist her also. So far I am happy with the PT145. Once I am sure the dropping Mag issue was operator error and not the weapon, it will be my primary CCW. Here in South Florida you need something with a little more pop."

and another from post from a Glock fan:

"First off, I must confess. I am a Glock fan. Actually I will elaborate, I like the full size Glocks. The subcompacts like the G26 simply dont work for me. Very good quality, simply dont work in my hands very well. So that lead me to the pt111 pro. I had owned other Taurus products in the past and have been pleased. I admit I was somewhat leary of the mil pro, but it just felt so good in my hand. So I found a smokin deal on one of the tannish/olive colored framed ones and bought it. So far after between 400 and 500 rounds it has been 100% flawless, so I guess I got one of the good ones. So I'll just say go with whatever feels better for you. If you like the Taurus, you should feel confident in it. Mine has been as reliable as any Glock I have ever owned. "

I wish I could relay some firsthand experience of my own for you Wizard regarding this pistol. If you ever have any questions on the PT92 series, the PT1911s or their revolvers, I have a little more hands-on experience in those areas. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was talking on the phone with Son #2 over at Fort Campbell and he
related how much more "wintery" it is there compared to here in NC;
snow the other day, than ice, than cold rain. I guess the mountains
block a lot of that "northern" weather.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey guys, come to Northern Michigan or just anywhere in this state. I don't mind snow but ice is a horse of a different color. The snow is gorgeous but ice is treacherous. My daughter lives in NC. Sometimes they get a little snow but ice is the biggest problem - especially black ice.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

Hey Wizard,
I have a Millennium Pro in 9mm (PT111) and 45 (PT145).
I have the 3rd generation in each. That makes them SA with a DA pull possible if there is a failure to fire. They seem to be OK. I don't like the way my 9 jumps so much. I was surprised that there was so much recoil. They're light, but the 9mm seemed to be too much for a fast 2nd shot. Taurus had problems with the frame on the original Millennium ( Not Pro) The 2nd gen Mill Pro has the words 'Millennium Pro' on the left side of the slide and just the model # on the right side.. These are DAO. The 3rd gen. has Millennium on the left side and the model # and Pro on the right side. (PT111 Pro)
I haven't had any problems with either of mine, but I am selling the 9mm just cause I don't like it. The 45 is fine. Even though the 3rd gen. is considered SA, there is alot of take up in the trigger before you hit fire. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You DOUFUSS!! We're having a great day today so yeah, you can go out now - mommy says. Your rabbit needs a bandage. :D
It was a nice day!

I have more people comment on that picture...I just love how the other peeps looking on somehow look worried with only three little dots for faces!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts