Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yep I sure do I know what it took to keep us free, it took men and women ready to answer the call to arms.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
KP97DC I agree with you whole heartly there is not another place that I care to live or be.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Found this and wanted to share it:

"Why is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier guarded 24/7?"

"It said that the decision to guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was a sign of respect to the fallen ones. Below I included a piece I received from a fellow veteran regarding the Tomb of the Unknown.

In 2003 as Hurricane Isabelle was approaching Washington , DC , our US Senate/House took 2 days off with anticipation of the storm. On the ABC evening news, it was reported that because of the dangers from the hurricane, the military members assigned the duty of guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier were given permission to suspend the assignment. They respectfully declined the offer, "No way, Sir!" Soaked to the skin,marching in the pelting rain of a tropical storm, they said that guarding the Tomb was not just an assignment, it was the highest honor that can be afforded to a serviceperson. The tomb has been patrolled continuously 24/7 since 1930."

·
Registered
576 Posts
deputy...thanks for sharing...that makes me more proud of our military. "No way, Sir!" is a beautiful responce!

We fly our flag on the front of our home and on our rear patio too. The Missouri River is in our back yard. All the boaters go by and wave and cheer! We are proud to be Americans and would live no where else but in the USA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As the son of a Vietnam Vet and grandson of two WWII Vets I'd just like to say thanks to all of the military personnel throughout the years that have defended us all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts