Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm only a couple of weeks into owning my Mark II Target. It had a BSA on a Weaver mount when I bought it. I bought the Barska Reflex and put it on. After returning today from a range trip I noticed that the Barska was a little loose. I removed the Barska and found that the rear screw is stripped. The front screw is OK. I guess the gunsmith at the range could fix it somehow but is there anything that I could do to save the cost of the gunsmith. Can I just use some Locktite on it and let it dry and be OK?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Is this the screw on the red dot BSA sight itself, or one of the mounting screws in the pistols receiver that hold down the weaver mount?

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
183 Posts
If it's the screw itself that's stripped, it'd be a fairly easy fix.

If it's the tapped hole in the receiver that's stripped, it won't be quite as easy.

Either way, adding LocTite to stripped threads ain't going to fix nothing.

With good light, and a magnifying glass, determine where the stripped threads are. If it's the receiver, you'd probably be better off letting a gunsmith, or someone who really knows what he's doing fix it.

Duane

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duane, now that I think about it I think I will take it to the gunsmith anyway. It's the same place where I bought the pistol two weeks ago. Maybe I can guilt him into a reduced price for the repair.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Loctite 262 RED would probably fix it but you'd never get it back out. I recommend taking it to a competent smith or send it back to Ruger. If it's a mfg defect Ruger will repair it or replace the gun. I'd call Ruger and try to get a shipping label.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gunsmith re-tapped hole to 8-40 and sighted in the Braska all for $40. I'm happy again.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts