Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use a Weigatinney base on their M77 rifles? Looking into one and want some inputs on this. I need my scopes to go further ahead and this might be my best option. Also thinking of Seekins rings should I get this base. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
A buddy has a Weigatinny on his Ruger, not sure what he’s using for ring though. Apparently he has no issues with it......if he did I’d hear about it. He has no problem dissing a product that doesn’t do what it’s supposed to.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Jack makes good products, the M77 Mount included. It’s not the most aesthetically pleasing and it sits a little taller than a D&T mount can be made, but it’s solid and holds firm. I like to use Ruger rings when I can, or Alaska Arms, but I use the Weigatinny if/when my optic won’t fit the integral base spacing.

Seekins rings can be purchased a bit cheaper by getting them as Vortex PMR rings. Same rings, still made by Seekins, just different logo. I like the Seekins/Vortex rings; very rigid, perfect alignment on a straight rail, and high contact, right out of the box. Burris XTR Zee rings can be a nice option for M77’s if you want to add some angle to your system and maximize your range capacity.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I’ll be ordering one sometime for it. I see Midwsy has the seekins on sale for $99. But I need to decide which size objective scope I’m going with first. Going to order a VX5HD in the spring. Either 44mm or 56mm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts