Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making this Thread to Report your Starting and Progress on Weight Loss. :)

I started my program on July 31, 2007 weighing 250 lb. and have a goal of 180 lb. My plan is Healthy eating and Exercise.

Good Luck to everyone that tries. It can be done! :D

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Well, guys, I am pretty much the weight I want to be now, although it wouldn't hurt to lose about 10 pounds or so. I weight around 208 to 210 most of the time. (Am 6 foot, 2 inches.) Much better than 312 pounds, which is what I was. I may just try and loose that last 10 pounds. Good luck to all of you, and hang in there. You can do it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Started at 239 on 30 July...heading for 215....kickin' and screamin'...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

kickin' and screamin'...
Oh I'm with you there, brother! Not much fun hunting your own salad, is it Sheepdog? Blasting heads of lettuce in the garden...

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Well, I weighed in at 197 this morning. Guess I'll try for 190, but the thing I need to work on is cholesterol. If I can get that down, I may live a couple extra years.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I started working on weight loss several months ago. At the Doctors suggestion (strong like) I cut out red meat. I've almost totally quit sodas, and cut the salt back so far my food tastes like cardboard.
I'm also walking for exercise.

I've gained weight not lost. I'm not a happy camper.

Joe

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I've recently lost an extra 25lbs I was carrying for years after gaining it during a year of constant work, school, and stress. It doesn't sound like much, but I'm a small framed, muscular dude and was carrying it all around the belly. I looked terrible. Working out again (been doing so on and off since 13 years old) and running 4 miles, bicycling 14 miles round trip to/from work, and skipping rope every week had little effect (on my weight, that is). Finally, I started eating roughly half of what I used to (down to about 1500 calories a day) and got some results. It's been very difficult as until my mid 20's I could eat as I pleased. I'd like to knock another 10lbs off to put myself back to where I was in my late teens/early 20's when I was in the best shape of my life. I've gone from 195 to 170 and would like to get to 155-160 and stay there.

To all those that are losing significant mass, you have my respect.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Joe, I could never quit soda. Many many years ago I switched to diet soda because it was an easy area to eliminate a LOT of daily calories. But I have to have my diet sodas during the day! I don't drink coffee so that's how I inject caffeine into my veins. Just last week though I started playing a 'game' where I couldn't have two sodas in a row. Have to have a water inbetween. So that has helped do two things, cut down on soda and drink more water. I'll pound a water just to reward myself with a soda! hey, little victories, right?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
When I started losing weight back in March my weight was 240 and this morning was 201. My goal is to keep pushing until I reach 190.

I started working out on the Ab Lounge Pro today, as I want to get those nice abs back again. I still have some fat left around the love handles and want that gone as well.

I will not be happy until I'm very trim and fit.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
196lbs this morning. Ate that big breakfast at the diner though soI'll probably get some back. Sugar was good on the last test, but still have a ways to go on the cholesterol. Blood pressure responding to the meds, 136/86 is real good for me.
J Miller - maybe you are putting on more muscle or the body is still adjusting.
Wish I could do the exercise. Between the knees and he back I have only a few things I can do without pain. Walking is one of the things I do every night.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

I am making this Thread to Report your Starting and Progress on Weight Loss. :)

I started my program on July 31, 2007 weighing 250 lb. and have a goal of 180 lb. My plan is Healthy eating and Exercise.

Good Luck to everyone that tries. It can be done! :D

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, but it won't last. Before when I start to lose I lost a tremendous amount at first but then it gets down to the hard fat. I have been carrying a lot of excess fat and fluids that's easy to lose at first. I can already tell a difference in my waist line and breathing. I've been doing more walking along with dieting which has also helped. From now on I'll be happy if I can average 1/2 lb a day.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I lost 20 lb. in three days but never want to do it again. I had a virus and it was going out both ends. If all goes out and nothing back in it don't take long, but that is the hard way. [V] Guess you could say I was full of it. :)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Alright you bunch of sleepy heads lets weigh in...

198 this morning.

Now, I'm going to post a picture later today of me wearing my Wrangler jeans when I started at 240... my wife could not believe how much they pulled away, and what I have lost.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts