Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With some this is a never ending battle with great frustration. I can say because of being active and my change of diet it has worked and worked well.

Instead of candy, I grab fruit such as a peach, or watermellon chunks etc. Even the change from eating beef to fish, chicken and pork. More salad and lots of water and or ice tea, no soda at all. I totally cut out table salt because I flat out got tired of what I had become physically.

In this picture, I am a whopping 240 pounds, as it was taken in Hawaii back in 2006 along with my wife Peggy, and son Anthony.

Since then I have dropped 40 pounds of un-wanted FAT to become as my wife says.... P.H.A.T. (pretty hot and tempting) :D

Now comes the working out on the Bowflex for a much better look, as I want more definition in my abbs, pecks and arms. I'm not talking the Muscle USA type of body here, ain't looking for the power lifter type that you see in all the Muscle and Fitness magazines.

BTW in the top picture I am wearing an XL size T-Shirt and in the bottom picture that I just took this morning I am wearing an M size and you still can't see my S&W 637 airweight in the beltline.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sounds like an evil cult to me...but, seriously...I'm proud of you for doing it...I've been 245-7 for awhile and I'm down to 239 and moving SLOWLY towards 220...I've always carried it well but not now...and I tire easier carrying that-I just eat to comfort myself and not 'cause I feel hungry-lots of us do that...and to be busy...for whatever reason, when it's gone it'll be an easier work day...I'm not into excercises but I am into hard work, and when I cut down on my sweets and eat less-I'll be fine...you are, for all the picking on you, an inspiration to me...but my hair STAYS...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Since I have started watching more of what I ate and started cleaning the place up and going for walks just to walk. I know I am down some what I am not sure, but my knees feel much better and I just feel better all over. I sleep better too, I find myself waking up before the alarm. But your right JB it can be done ya don't need to starve yourself or take pills or go on nutra system everyone that I know that has done that and got off of that put on more weight.
Thanks for sharing with us glad your looking better and I am sure your wife is happier too. Now she will keep ya around longer for those honey do's lol.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Congratulations JB, lookin good and I'll bet you feel better too. I';; bet the blood pressure and chloresterol numbers are better too. I have been working on mine too, I've gone from 215
down to 187. It is way harder to loose it after you put it on. I have got 20 pounds to go as
my goal. Good luck. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Lookin' Good JB! [^] Sounds like alot of us are loosing some weight & getting in better shape. I'm having a hard time with it. I spend so much time in the office on the phone & doing paperwork, that I don't get as much exercise as I used too.;)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Great job JB keep it up. PS... I know your sucking in your gut a little in the after photo.LOL.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by ratgunner

Great job JB keep it up. PS... I know your sucking in your gut a little in the after photo.LOL.
Ratgunner - I was sucking it in Hawaii, thinking come on already take the blasted picture would ya please so I can breath.

Guy's honestly I did not go to Nutra Systems, starve myself or take pills. I just have it in my head to loose the ugly fat and get in shape its like a driving force with in me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Who is it behind those Foster Grants ?[8D]
Good going JB.:D
Now then,IF I could get out more often,my gut would be less.
Have a "food belly". Not good,slows me down.[}:)]

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Good job! I lost over a 100 pounds over 4 years ago, (from 312 to 205) and have managed to keep it off, but it is a life-long commitment with me. If I let my guard done much I put it on quick, so I got to watch what I eat and exercise.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Here are a couple before and after pics of me:

I know I aint too pretty in either one, but I sure feel better now!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good job guys. I've been thinking I need to do the same. I've gome from a 38"-40" gut to a 48". I just love to eat and my activity has really gone down. I'm 6'4" and don't expect to ever be below 200 - 220 #'s. I'm around 270 now. I need to do something.

Jman

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good job guy's keep it up... I know we feel so much better with shedding the pounds that we had put in place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts