Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a superstitious guy (well sometimes) but I was looking at a firearm a 9mm semi-auto with the serial number xxx-xx666 ... :eek:

bad juju to buy it? :(

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
You need to be comfortable with your purchase. If you buy it and then worry about because of the number, that is mot a whole lot of fun.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,068 Posts
Wouldnt bother me, I know my faith resides in the lord, and bible. Now if I bought it, and it failed to work properly, then I would have to let it go.;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
666 = the number of Man ... No big deal. All the hype has been made up by fear mongers and those suspicious of the unknown. Oh, and the movies...
There are collectors out there that would pay EXTRA for that number. Wouldn't bother me. No bad Juju attached.

·
Super Moderator
21,412 Posts
Hey buy it maybe the Indians will win the world series. ;)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I'm kind of like that too. At one of the shops I visit they've got an American Ranch Rifle in .556/.223 with serial number 69#-66666. It's been sitting there for nearly a year.

I'll admit that I've actually bought guns because the serial numbers were matched to my birthdate or the numbers meant something to me. I have a 10/22 with the the year I graduated high school and it was manufactured the same year. Just meant to be.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
As long as you don't buy a firearm with a serial number containing "666" from a black cat while stepping on a cracked mirror, holding an open umbrella indoors under a ladder on Friday the 13th under a full moon, then you'll be fine...

The stuff people worry about...

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Wouldnt bother me, I know my faith resides in the lord, and bible. Now if I bought it, and it failed to work properly, then I would have to let it go.;)
I agree 100%. My faith is in God above & I can say without a shadow of doubt that that gun will not be cursed & you won't be doomed for buying it. I'm not superstitious & know that if a company is producing thousands of products, then they will eventually have to make #666 to get to #667. :D

·
Registered
673 Posts
It is just a serial number, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and possibly other states had
a highway 666 most of which have been changed to other numbers because of superstitious people. Heck I was on a US Destroyer hull #13 in the late 60' early 70's and we used to get Friday the 13th off as an extra holiday whenever it rolled around.
If its the gun you want, buy it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You need to be comfortable with your purchase. If you buy it and then worry about because of the number, that is mot a whole lot of fun.
That would always be in the back of my mind ...

I hear ya Tacky ... the real draw to the gun is it is a very sweet looking KP85 MK2 ... looks almost brand new based on the photos ... so tempting

Hey buy it maybe the Indians will win the world series. ;)
LOL ... I think we have a chance with or without the firearm purchase ... GO TRIBE!

GO CAVS !!
Yes GO CAVS! Would love to see a championship before the good lord calls me home ...

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
It's just the last three digits of an 8 digit serial number.

The number is meaningless unless someone were to give it power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts