Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just bought my first Ruger, an SR-9, so I thought it would be a good idea to join the forum so I could spend some time with and learn from the fellow Ruger owners here.

I'm looking forward to participating as a member.

Happy holidays!

Cragar

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad to meet you, hope you enjoy it here, jump right in anytime.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Welcome from KY! Hows it feel being from a city that showed some gumption back in the 80s by passing that law that made it a crime NOT to have a gun? You guys in Kennesaw got some guts!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Welcome to the site. Pretty cool place, just check around all the different listings and you'll find some cool stuff.
Dan'o from Cali :}

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome. As far as being from Kennesaw goes, I honestly didn't know anything about the gun law requirement until long after moving here. Technically, I was breaking the law for many years since I didn't own any guns. I was never against gun ownership, I just didn't have any. Now that I've been bitten by the bug, I have it pretty bad. My wallet is keeping me in check though. :)

Cragar

·
Registered
288 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Cragar55

Hello everyone. I just bought my first Ruger, an SR-9, so I thought it would be a good idea to join the forum so I could spend some time with and learn from the fellow Ruger owners here.

I'm looking forward to participating as a member.

Happy holidays!

Cragar
Wow.....a new member partlty monikered Cragar. Didn't they make those cool mag wheels? Also; down Kennesaw way don't they require by ordinance, (NO pun intended) , that residents have arms in the home......kinda a little bit like Switzerland? Welcome from the south. MACHINISTgunner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi MACHINISTgunner,

Someone else who remembers Cragar mags! My name is Craig, which is why "Cragar" was a natural fit when I was growing up.

FYI...I looked up the actual Kennesaw ordnance for gun ownership. Here it is:

Sec. 34-1. Heads of households to maintain firearms.
(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefor.
(b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.
(Code 1986, § 4-3-10)

Best regards,

Cragar

·
Registered
288 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Cragar55

Hi MACHINISTgunner,

Someone else who remembers Cragar mags! My name is Craig, which is why "Cragar" was a natural fit when I was growing up.

FYI...I looked up the actual Kennesaw ordnance for gun ownership. Here it is:

Sec. 34-1. Heads of households to maintain firearms.
(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefor.
(b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.
(Code 1986, § 4-3-10)

Best regards,

Cragar
Thanks for clarification......your Ruger pal .......MACHINISTgunner. Happy New Year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.