Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat down and contacted Ruger about My SBH I bought several years ago.. I want to like the gun but after adjusting the rear sight as far over as they will go everyone has shoot it way to the right :D So after some input from everyone that has tried firing it we are convinced the front sight blade is installed in the wrong location?? I guess we will see now wont we:D and as one member stated

" That's all I have to say about that":rolleyes:

thewelshm

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
264 Posts
Please define "way to the right", how far at what distance ? Seems the front blade would be at a noticeable angle if the rear sight notch is fully cranked to the left.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please define "way to the right", how far at what distance ? Seems the front blade would be at a noticeable angle if the rear sight notch is fully cranked to the left.
A long way and it really looks off I will post a before and an after pic.

Thewelshm

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was referring the bullet holes how far right at what yardage and rarely does the rear sight notch have to go full left like that.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was referring the bullet holes how far right at what yardage and rarely does the rear sight notch have to go full left like that.
At 15 yards 18"right. It was so comical I started the bent barrel thread years ago. We have recently took it out again with other shooters some are Vets, to see what we could hit? Now before anyone gets defensive all of this has been done in jest. But I hear so many reports on how good a SBH can be I figured send her home for some tlc

Thewelshm

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I had a SR about 2 -3 years ago that had the front sight doves tail milled in the slide so crooked, you couldnt hit a 4" X 4" sheet of plywood at 15 feet. It was shooting high left about a foot at that distance.
Ruger took it back and gave me a full refund. How it ever got out of the plant like that is a mystery. My fault for not going over it with a fine tooth comb at the LGS.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a SR about 2 -3 years ago that had the front sight doves tail milled in the slide so crooked, you couldnt hit a 4" X 4" sheet of plywood at 15 feet. It was shooting high left about a foot at that distance.
Ruger took it back and gave me a full refund. How it ever got out of the plant like that is a mystery. My fault for not going over it with a fine tooth comb at the LGS.
It happens if they do that I want my grips and trigger back :D

Thewelshm

·
Registered
788 Posts
This was a front sight on a Ruger Bisley Convertible, shot fair but was totally distracting when shooting. Sent a picture to Ruger and sent it in, they replaced the barrel and sight. Looks and shoots so much better now.
Good customer service.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well it arrived there Friday, took a while to get a return label, no fault of theirs its an accent thing :)

so we will see what happens?

thewelshm

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
It happens if they do that I want my grips and trigger back :D

Thewelshm
Ooooooh. Ruger has info on their website about sending in a gun without removing aftermarket accessories and 'modified' parts. Hopefully, they will return 'your' stuff...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ooooooh. Ruger has info on their website about sending in a gun without removing aftermarket accessories and 'modified' parts. Hopefully, they will return 'your' stuff...
yep i saw that, apparently even though they say they wont they do...??;)

thewelshm

·
Registered
248 Posts
From what I have heard from others that have sent guns back to ruger with aftermarket parts installed, the guns came back in factory configuration with the aftermarket parts returned in a bag with the gun.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Good Luck with your Ruger if your SBH is a older 3 screw model Ruger will convert your SBH with the transbar safety feature! Just so you will know, have heard positive on their CS hope you get your SBH back in good working order good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well it ships home tomorrow

I will be interested to see what they did??:) It couldn't shoot any worse than it did:eek:

thewelshm

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
They usually replace the barrel for that kind of sight issue.

The good news is, you'll get a barrel with the warning roll mark on the bottom of the barrel out of sight instead of on the side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts