Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while cleaning guns, my husband came "clean" with me. After being together 24 yrs & married 22 yrs, he finally confesses that he has 6 long guns, not just the 3 that I know of. I've shot the two shot guns, so I knew about those & the rifle. Just when you think you know someone..... :p

So the question is.....Does your wife/significant other really "know" your gun hoard? :confused: LOL

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yes she does and she shoots every one of them.
About 1/3rd of them are hers.
The only reason we don't have more is that the safe is full.:mad:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
There are probably two handguns my wife doesn't know about, if she asks, I will tell her.
Whilst my wife shows little interest in the firearms I own, she does nothing to discourage my interest.
BTW..... where was he hiding them that you didn't notice..... :eek:

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, yeah, because he's the one that pays for the guns after I find them. I'm the one that brought the shooting addiction into the house. :)
I renewed the addiction. LOL I love my guy's surprises, but mine are better!

Gal, you need to write a book on your life with firearms. "Gun Gal" I think you would offer a lot of insight & fun stories!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are probably two handguns my wife doesn't know about, if she asks, I will tell her.
Whilst my wife shows little interest in the firearms I own, she does nothing to discourage my interest.
BTW..... where was he hiding them that you didn't notice..... :eek:
If I told you, I would have to....well at least bend your arm! :D

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I renewed the addiction. LOL I love my guy's surprises, but mine are better!

Gal, you need to write a book on your life with firearms. "Gun Gal" I think you would offer a lot of insight & fun stories!
Thanks, but that would mean more time at the computer and less time at the range shooting. Can't have that.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
The trick with firearms is the same as with camera gear. If you make sure all your camera bodies and lenses are black, they all look the same to the uninitiated.

Likewise, if you have some nice wood stock hunting rifles, it's prolly not a good idea to try to sneak home an AR15.

All those black polymer pistols look pretty similar, too, but a chrome revolver sticks out like a sore thumb!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
She knows of most of them, but not all! Besides, I swap out grips and stuff like that a lot, so she usually just thinks it's the same gun w/ new grips.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
My wife knows about the guns I bought in the past year.
I started shooting again after 34 years away from the sport/hobby.

She knows very little about the guns I inherited from my grandfather, or the Ruger Mark I that I purchased brand new in 1976.

She does not know about the guns I'm currently lusting after.
Every time I buy a new gun she figures "that's it".
Those of us here on this forum know that's not how it works...

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
My wife knows all of my 3 firearms. She also knows of my ever growing firearms wish list too. She doesn't mind at all, as long as I promise to take her to the range once in awhile. She's got an expensive purse collection though (and growing) so not much room for arguing over my guns. :D

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Back in 1966 my father-in-law bought a new 10/22 but didn't tell his wife. The next weekend the neighbor came over and asked "how do you like that new rifle you bought". He said the look on his wife's face could have cut through steel. I inherited that same 10/22 a year ago and shoot it often and always think of that story.

My wife knows that story about her father and mother so she expects me to bring something home and not tell her.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Back in 1966 my father-in-law bought a new 10/22 but didn't tell his wife. The next weekend the neighbor came over and asked "how do you like that new rifle you bought". He said the look on his wife's face could have cut through steel. I inherited that same 10/22 a year ago and shoot it often and always think of that story.

My wife knows that story about her father and mother so she expects me to bring something home and not tell her.
Sounds like precedences have been set..... :D

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
You bet she does! This is a sport/hobby that we both enjoy. She's a heck of a great lady and my best shooting partner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know what you are talking about. (cough, cough) Actually my wife is pretty tolerent primarily because she considers it a minor issue. I am middle age. I don't drink, smoke, run around with other women, own a sports car, boat, motorcycle, airplane etc. Eh?? Whats a few more guns??

1 - 20 of 41 Posts