Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my detached garage to do a little reloading this afternoon, and the humidity in that place had caused some rust that froze the drum on my RCBS Uniflow Powder measure...:mad:

Cleaned it up and decided to relocate the works to my nice warm cabin, but I didn't have a sturdy workbench to mount anything on.

Just so happens that I had been splitting today's firewood earlier and...

The screwed in 2X4 legs have felt pads underneath to slide that thing around if necessary, and between those legs, its mass, and its low center of gravity, it has plenty of strength & stability.

Heck the darn thing pretty much matches its surroundings too. :rolleyes:

Just need a green RCBS loading block for that finishing touch IMHO. :cool:

And maybe a green pillow to sit on. :D

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Mate, you're the "King of Improvisation".
Bit of lateral thinking there, well done.
Nice cabin.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love it! Been wanting to buy some reloading equipment but I don't have room for a work bench in the house. Dang kids using up the other 2 rooms. Lol. I may have to try something like this. Wife may not like it sitting in the family room though. :)

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,953 Posts
A definite collectors item. Nice work!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to admit, it looks good. But to be honest, I get a backache looking at it also. As far as the remark about Lee loaders---well, mine works just fine.
I ain't in any hurry reloading a couple hundred cases, so I can take a break anytime to relax my back.

Sure beats a rusted powder measure too.

My first reloader was a Lee Loader, and it worked just fine, but I could never really quite get over wacking in a primer with a wooden mallet.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mate, you're the "King of Improvisation".
Bit of lateral thinking there, well done.
Nice cabin.
Got to say thanks for the complement on the cabin James6591, I really am comfortable here.

I dragged my loading setup upstairs :eek: to try that location out, and I must admit that I've gone through worse times in my life, and no, I don't watch TV while reloading...BOOM! :D

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Masterful!
I may use that, but I'll give credit where credit is due.
Great job. Nice cabin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.