Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought after cleaning my SR9c real good would help eliminate my trigger reset issue and following the steps that I have read here with others having the issue I could solve it (more break in shots and cleaning) but that's not the case.
I took my ccw yesterday and in the shooting qualification portion I had 6 or so shots where the trigger did not reset out of 30 shots. Not very confident having this as a edc at the moment so we will see what Ruger can do for it.......Bummer.:(

-Lewi

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ruger stands behind their product. I sent off my SR9 that was one of the first production recently when the stupid loaded chamber indicator broke and was flopping around. They were fast and completely upgraded the trigger to boot, even though it had not been giving me trouble. It shoots ten times better than before.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
going back

Unfortunately we're hearing more and more of this re; Ruger quality control:eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had the same issue after 800 rounds. Trigger would not reset several times. Ruger took it back and returned it within a week. They replaces the striker and trigger bar reset. I haven't taken it to the range yet, but I was very pleased by their response time and courtesy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
old school

i remember when ruger guns never gave a problem, back in the early 1970s i bought about one of everything ruger made and never had a problem. now, a different story! it is not only ruger, so dont think this is a bash!! just a sad state of quality control, and not just guns.:confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I never had a problem with an old ruger.perhaps in an effort to build them faster than the gun ban that's coming probably loosens up QC concerns
I dread the day they ask me to turn mine in. I follow the law! unlike the bad guys. u can own one gun in mexico. a revolver 38 or 22 long gun. only cartel 'has weapons.hows that workin out for them? a sad state we r in

·
Registered
332 Posts
I never had a problem with an old ruger.perhaps in an effort to build them faster than the gun ban that's coming probably loosens up QC concerns.
My real life experiences with manufacturing entities is simply when orders are all caught up, it's Q.C. under a microscope. But when production is waaaaaaaaaaay behind orders it's PRODUCTION PRODUCTION PRODUCTION PRODUCTION PRO.........

That happens to be just the of one of the facts of life in a mass production operation! Unfortunate, but reality. And it's not a reality unique with Ruger!

·
Banned
81 Posts
Ruger is getting as bad as the local Mcdonalds. For every five that go out two come back? It seems that way anyway.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Ruger is getting as bad as the local Mcdonalds. For every five that go out two come back? It seems that way anyway.
Ruger sold 1,000,000 guns thru August of this year. By the close of 2012 I imagine they will have gotten closer to 2,000,000. With those kinds of numbers even a very small percentage of defects is going to seem like a lot.

Also, you have to factor in that a much larger percentage of those who encounter issues are going good to complain on a forum than those who are completely satisfied.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Ruger sold 1,000,000 guns thru August of this year. By the close of 2012 I imagine they will have gotten closer to 2,000,000. With those kinds of numbers even a very small percentage of defects is going to seem like a lot.

Maybe they should adopt the "Wendy's" philosophy. Get them right before they go out the door.

·
Registered
356 Posts
One has to wonder if the labor force in Prescott AZ has the same demographic as that at their old factory in New Hampshire. Is it possible that the labor rates are very different between the two (one must presume that it is, or they would have not moved to AZ in the first place)?

Does it follow, therefore, that ones gets what one pays for? Is it incorrect to expect the same quality from a workforce which is paid $8.00 per hour as one would expect from a workforce that is paid $15.00? And what of manufacturing experience? Is the workforce in AZ as experienced as that in NH?

I don't know the answers, but I do have my opinions. Its really just a sign of the times, I guess.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I go on many of the different manufacturer forums and I can tell you that this is wide spread, not just Ruger. Sig, Wather, S&W, Colt, Ruger, fill in the blank... I would tell you that the percentage of returns probably has not changed, but the production numbers have increased, therefore the returns have. In the past, if someone had an issue with a new gun, it was handled locally with a gunsmith as the middle man. The most anyone could do is tell their buddies through word of mouth that they had a problem. Today, we deal directly with the manufacturer and we have the Internet to spread the bad word. There is one fact that stays the same through time; happy clients tell on average two close friends that they like something. Unhappy clients will tell everyone that will listen that they had a problem.

This is not an excuse for the manufacturers. Quite the opposite. Quality has to improve if they hope to stop this growing trend. Status que just won't cut it in a time where one person can create so much bad press.

Lewis, I hope Ruger solves your issues and returns a quality gun to you. The same quality gun that you should have received out of the box.

·
Registered
77 Posts
A person want's to have faith in a compony that you are loyal to but some time's it get's so hard. I have so many gun's from Ruger that i don't want to give up on them, I don't want to see them go by the way side for putting half ass produts out. If Ruger is reading this please please get your act together because i am getting ready to buy a mini 14 from you and i do not want to have to send it back for somthing that could have been avoided in the first place.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I have bought a bunch of Ruger firearms both over the past 3 years and also back in the 1980s and 1990s. I have had exactly one (1) issue, which was a problem with my first SR40c. (Light strikes.) It went back to Prescott and 8 days later it came back perfect.

I do not believe that Ruger quality control has declined. As someone in this thread said, if a company makes a million guns a year, even a small QC error rate seems like a lot of guns. My Rugers are all very nicely made without any indication of corner-cutting in the production process.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm not trying to hijack your thread, nor minimize your angst, but what if everybody that had a good experience with a new gun they just bought from Ruger posted their experience on this site? Can you imagine 1,000,000 new posts this year? That's roughly 2500 posts a week. Think about it.

Yes, if I got a bad one out of the box I'd post about it, and probably have pictures. And I'd send it back. And I wouldn't be happy about it. But I've been around manufacturing a long time, and I know sometimes things happen.

Let us know how Ruger treats you!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not trying to hijack your thread, nor minimize your angst, but what if everybody that had a good experience with a new gun they just bought from Ruger posted their experience on this site? Can you imagine 1,000,000 new posts this year? That's roughly 2500 posts a week. Think about it.

Yes, if I got a bad one out of the box I'd post about it, and probably have pictures. And I'd send it back. And I wouldn't be happy about it. But I've been around manufacturing a long time, and I know sometimes things happen.

Let us know how Ruger treats you!
Sorry, but that is what these boards are for.....the good and the bad.
I see a lot of posts describing how they love what they have purchased and I also did. Not everything is perfect and I understand that. I wasn't going after "Ruger" just stating that I had an issue and even if we follow the steps to try and solve the issue ourselves before taking further action sometimes it needs to be sent back to the manufacturer after all for proper repairs.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Sorry, but that is what these boards are for.....the good and the bad.
I see a lot of posts describing how they love what they have purchased and I also did. Not everything is perfect and I understand that. I wasn't going after "Ruger" just stating that I had an issue and even if we follow the steps to try and solve the issue ourselves before taking further action sometimes it needs to be sent back to the manufacturer after all for proper repairs.
That wasn't really aimed at you, it seems like everytime someone posts a bad experience, (I would if I had any), Ruger QC gets bashed. I was just trying to put manufacturing in their scale in a little perspective. I didn't mean to offend.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts