Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well what do you know?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Wuchak 
#1 ·
Had to make a trip to Missouri Thursday evening. I was trying to decide what I was going to carry with me. I've always contended that because of my small size, I couldn't carry anything bigger than a 5-shot revolver or a compact auto. I recently bought a High Noon IWB holster that fits my Taurus PT745 and Kel-Tec P11. I slipped my KP345D in it and it fits great! It is an open bottom holster and the slide extends some, but other than that it fits perfectly. I slipped the thing inside my jeans and with a untucked polo shirt it hides quite well, thank you. I may have some compact guns for sale!:D

#3 ·
I'm not a great one to ask. The range I shoot out is kind of dim and my eyes are kind of old. Not a good combination. I haven't tried it past 10 yards, but it shoots one big hole out of the center when I do my part.

#4 ·
You will be amazed at what you can conceal with a good belt and holster.

I myself conceal an N-Frame Revolver 4"er and a J-Frame 2"er Off-Duty. The N-Frame is currently residing in a Matt Del Fatti OWB with a Bruce Gibson Belt and the J-Frame is in my Cargo Shorts Pocket in a Mika Pocket Holster. My Polo Shirt is one size too large and untucked. It looks "casual" not unkempt.

Biker

#5 ·
Guess you have to sacrifice to get convenience. The larger guns are a little harder to carry, but they sure make a difference when shooting them. I have a little Freedom Arms .22 Mag revolver that feels like it is going to jump completely out of your hands when you shoot it. I'll personally just put out a little extra effort to carry the bigger ones.

#6 ·
I conceal anything up to 4" N in an IWB on my belly under a t-shirt...tail out(the shirt, Rman, not mine) but I can't do it OWB strong side or crossdraw-the same belly that hides it IWB pushes it out OWB and it shows...as do the love handles push it out...so it's all about how you use the belly...but I'm real glad you're packin' heavy...if you get a shot at Ahshola been Loggin while at the local 7-11...I wantcha to pop him real hard.....[}:)]

#8 ·
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

I carry my P345PR daily with the shirt out... Conceals well and I don't feel like I'll be "out-gunned"...:D The Bianchi I use fits and carries well...<image snipped>
I'm beginning to get excited -- if my CHL application has been approved, I should be receiving it in the next 2-3 weeks. Consequently, I have been "practicing" at home lately in what seems the best way for me to carry.

I have the same great gun and this same Bianchi holster, am right handed, and have settled on carrying it cross-draw at about 10 o'clock. One thing that I just now thought of -- since the grip and part of the slide is right up against my belly, is human skin acidic, or in some other way detrimental to the finish of the weapon? Thanks!

Amistad

#9 ·
Amistad, the short answer to your question about human skin and guns is, yes.

Sweat wreaks havoc on firearms. Even a Stainless Steel firearm will rust. I have sweat that etches and eats through everything. The short answer is, use a good holster, be religious about wiping down your guns and caring for them and lastly, learn the difference between "wear and neglect". Wear is good, neglect is bad.

Biker

#11 ·
Hey Rman,
If you decide to get rid of the P-11 let me know. I've been wanting one as a companion for my P-3AT.
Thanks,
Wuchak

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.