Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And what does my little eye spy sitting back in the corner of the used gun rack? Why a stainless barrel band peeking out at me. I asked the counter salesman to tell me what the price sticker says.. $179 for a stainless/synthetic with a scope on it? Why, I'll take that any old day!
Looks like its had maybe 100 rounds through it. LOL

So I added it to the "collection" :D Just waiting for my father to bring me his old walnut stock from his that he upgraded, so I can get rid of the synthetic stock..

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic..

1022.JPG

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That's a score right there.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I want to beat my head against a wall for paying $350 for a blued steel/ laminate stock in Illinois.
"I saved a lot of money on my guns by moving to Indiana"

I went to Gander Mountain a few days ago and they had every single model of 10/22 for the best prices I've seen anywhere. They also had the GSG-5 and the MP 15-22. Both of which felt very light, and made of far cheaper plastic than my Nomad kit. They are a bit overpriced on their scopes and accessories though.

·
Registered
485 Posts
GM is a strange store for "gun deals." It gets slammed for high prices on all guns. However, it seems on any given day at GM, one can find a real steal on a excellent used firearm. It's happened to me. Good find on your new rifle.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Good eye. That was a great deal.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I always go into Gander with high hopes, but, like Chicago Cubs fans, they're dashed almost immediately.
I hate you. ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Disgusting!!!!
I don't even want to congratulate the dude!
But maybe my attitude is the reason why I never have the good fate to get such a deal!
Enjoy the shooting!

·
Registered
422 Posts
the wife and I went to Gander today for ammo. I got the very last package of stingers and the last package of winchester m-22(1000 round). I was so excited, but I wanted to check out the gsg-5 a little more, and she goes walking off to check out some other guns. Sure enough, she picks up a black synthetic/SS for $260. And with big doe eyes "I want it for xmas, like now..." and I reply "I guess so... go talk to the guy at the desk."

As I look over to the guy at the desk, he's calling my name and it's my old best friend who I haven't seen since 2006. I've known him since kindergarten. Good times.

10/22 target shoot out tomorrow!

·
Registered
68 Posts
GM is a strange store for "gun deals." It gets slammed for high prices on all guns. However, it seems on any given day at GM, one can find a real steal on a excellent used firearm. It's happened to me. Good find on your new rifle.
Exactly my experience. The only reason I still go is to find those stupid good deals on used guns, because everything else is overpriced.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Exactly my experience. The only reason I still go is to find those stupid good deals on used guns, because everything else is overpriced.
I can get good deals on specials and sale items at my local GM. I've been able to get a percentage knocked off on accessories, free firearm protection plans, gunsmithing, close outs, etc.

I would NEVER buy anything there at regular prices though.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Great find. Enjoy it to the fullest. I don't know if there is any one of us that wouldn't have jumped on that one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts