Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What .380 ammo do you guys (and girls) use in your LCP's. Do you use the same ammo for practice and carry?

·
Registered
404 Posts
In my p3at I have been carrying black hills 90gr hp's. I ran enough through it be certain they function reliably. I usually practice with whatever I can get cheapest. I just ordered some of double tap's 380. They chrono them at 1000fps out of the p3at and they are standard pressure loads. That's about 150fps more than anyone else's loads. They run $26 for 50 which is a decent price for premium sd ammo. If they function reliably they will be my new carry load.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wuchak, I was looking at the Double Tap also. I have some Remington JHP that I'm going to try first, when I get a chance. Let me know how the double tap works.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
while i'm a fan of the hp in other cartridges, as far as the .380 is concerned, i would go with fmj as i've seen examples of insufficient penetration.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I'm carrying Blazer Brass FMJ's. I don't believe that a hollow point coming out of the LCP is going to open up. If it does you're not going to get very much penetration.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Cor-Bon .380 Auto 80 grain DPX for self defense and carry. All copper, excellant expansion and deep penetration. It flys at 1050fps and hits with 196ft/lbs of energy.

WWB for killing paper targets....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts