Ruger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Difference between a tank and everything else. You can load just about anything and it'll run. All it takes is a little periodic cleaning.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I counted the first 500 post of a foreign "inferior" gun company and this site. Over 3 times the bitch thread on here over the other site.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like Chevys

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Everyone seems pretty satisfied, no controversy,
no grumblings to speak of regarding Ruger revolvers.

It's a heck of a lot more fun over on the Smith and
Colt forums. Lots of disgruntled customers or
would-be customers.

Of course, with my GP 100s, I'm very satisfied
and while I might change a spring or two, they
work excellently. Gosh, I'm boring too. :):):)
Proof is in the pudding ... i'm product loyal to a fault and will always be that way till I have reason not to ... suffice to say Ruger has not given me a hint of dissatisfaction yet ...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mention you EDC a 5 shot snub revolver, (any make will do). The capacity crowd and "what if" brigade will be on you like a cheap suit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I too have no idea what Bill's political views were, but for me I'm extremely happy with my '96' Red Label 20 ga. and my '92' GP100 .38 cal, both of which have been very boring with their 100% reliability.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I guess you aren’t reading the posts that I read.

Many Ruger products (handguns and long guns) come flawed from the factory. From simple things like scratches on the finish to medium like sights off-center to difficult like non-functional or mal-functioning actions.

From what I have seen (poor finishes to optics that can’t be seen to bolts that won’t run smoothly), Ruger has very little Quality Control OR we, the customers, are Ruger’s Quality Assurance program.

On the other hand, Ruger has a very good-great Customer Service department and guns sent back to be fixed come back in excellent condition. This is where Ruger excels. But at the cost of sending out some (more than the occasional lemon that every manufacturer has) poorly produced guns and at the cost of some customers being deprived of newly purchased weapons.

So, while Ruger products can be the best in the world Ruger can also be the worst on the market. I have never seen sure a wide difference with S&W, Sig Sauer, H&K, Beretta, for example.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
So, while Ruger products can be the best in the world Ruger can also be the worst on the market. I have never seen sure a wide difference with S&W, Sig Sauer, H&K, Beretta, for example.
Now that is funny. Spend time at the S&W Forum for instance.
And reportedly Sig has had some real bombs.

But all in all, keep in mind that such manufacturers as H&K,
Sig, and Beretta have very low production figures compared to
Ruger, which happens to be the U.S.'s largest commercial
arms manufacturer. Perhaps it does produce too many too
fast at times.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ruger forum is a lot more laid back, and also friendlier toward newer users compared to those other two forums. If you're bored there's two topics that will always stir everyone up.

1. What gun/caliber for bear.
2. And anything about what gun/caliber for bigfoot.
Don't shoot a bigfoot, .22 lr in the eye for bear, and everyone knows 9 mm is superior to .357 mag for self defense!

Jumbo Dr. Pepper and a large popcorn with extra butter please.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Too funny!

Oh I don't know; it can get pretty riled up here now and then. Just start a thread saying you should or should not use the slide stop as a slide release; or that you should or should not use automotive products to clean/lube your gun and watch what happens!
You nailed it. Made me laugh. Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lubrication threads are always favorite......
I don't think our current governor has read that section of our constitution.

Didn't realize the quote wouldn't pick up you tag line.

Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Article I, Section 21, "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned"

41 - 60 of 65 Posts