Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The West is getting hammered and the East is enjoying Springlike weather. My Camellia is in full bloom in December. It usually doesn't bloom until mid to late February.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tell me about it. Here in north Texas it was in the 80's on Christmas, then had a tornado the day after and now today it's near freezing. Crazy weather. There is a saying I hear from time to time when new commers comment on the weather here in tx, it goes "if you don't like the weather just wait 15 minutes". Just crazy

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I miss the snow. :-( We are being flooded out with all the rain we are getting.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i miss none of it... though mid 70's on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were just a bit much.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
"if you don't like the weather just wait 15 minutes". Just crazy
That started in new England about 200 years ago along with, "if it weren't for the weather here we wouldn't have much to talk about."

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
We're not getting hammered in all parts of the West. Northwest Montana (where I'm at) is having a pretty normal winter, at least based on the snowpack reports. Further east, it looks like the Bighorn Range over by Sheridan, WY, (northeast WY) is extremely dry. Just because Seattle and the Cascades are getting dumped on doesn't mean it all transfers over.

·
Registered
552 Posts
GONRA called Obama – problem is “gw/gc/CC”:
Global Warming / Global Cooling / CLIMATE CHANGE.
No internal inconsistencies here….
Can’t you poor slobs understand this?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
GONRA called Obama – problem is “gw/gc/CC”:
Global Warming / Global Cooling / CLIMATE CHANGE.
No internal inconsistencies here….
Can’t you poor slobs understand this?
your El Nino' is showing... :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
The last 96 hours in Oklahoma...

Humid and in the upper 60s, then rain, lots of it, then the rain began to freeze, then the rain turned to sleet, then it turned to snow, then it turned OKC into a popsicle. This morning, while still frozen like a popsicle, we had a 4.3 magnitude earthquake, followed by at least a half dozen aftershocks.

If you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, wait five minutes, it will get worse!

·
One more gun
316 Posts
We have had record-breaking temperatures in Ohio, 60 in the middle of December anyone? I am loving it, especially after the last two horrible winters we had.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
When I was growing up, I can remember having to wear a heavy coat to go outside at Thanksgiving and at Christmas wearing shorts and a t-shirt. It's called weather and it is constantly changing.

·
Registered
330 Posts
3 days of hellacious rain and wind here in central Il after a nice Christmas. Now a week of dry colder weather which is welcome. I see St Louis area hit hard with flooding now. Their 8 plus inches of rain makes our 5 nothing. We will go into the second week of January with no snow on the ground. Seldom happens

·
Registered
704 Posts
Nuttin' but snow and ice as far as you can see up here. Currently at 5pm it is a balmy 19 on the porch.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Weather is 'well' weather. It constantly changes from day to day, year to year, century to century. So who can say what is normal (unless you have a political agenda that is, then follow the money).... Now, from my 'limited' time period on this Earth, December seems normal to my senses. Plenty of snow, some cold, and still snowing. What more can ya' ask for. Some years have been drier/warmer than others, just roll with it :) .

·
Registered
17 Posts
My father and I spent the day on the lake today. He was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Doesn't really count here in Central Florida though.

I've almost forgotten what freezing weather feels like. We used to get it down here in the winter. Not anymore.

I haven't had a hibiscus freeze in the last 5 years. They used to freeze off every winter.

·
Registered
982 Posts
On Christmas Day I participated in the Annual Reenactment of Washington's Crossing of the Delaware, it was in the 60s-this in is Mid-Jersey.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Here in Utah there has been a real cold spell especially Christmas it snowed 10 inch's over night on top of all the snow we already had. With my arthritic bones and age I go outside & feel like I have FMAO!!! If you guys get my drift!!! froze my a$$ off!!!:eek::rolleyes:

·
Registered
846 Posts
We got almost 20" of that white crap the last 2 storms. Now it's cloudy & cold and around +3 degrees. I finally got smart and got a Yamaha Rhino with a plow. No more shoveling for this old fart.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts