Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
well if I was going to have a choice in the matter I opt for the B A R. Of course that is just me, I'll check out those holsters like the idea of washing them.
sheepdog, are ya sure its the holster they were smelling? just joking.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Ain't no tellin', Snuffy...ain't no tellin'.....BAR was 30-06, right? Box mag or belt? A bit before my time, but I got a buddy who used one in the Nam....sometimes the old ones are better than the new ones like they found out lately...betcha we see all the troops back with .45 unless we get a real cutback in funding...

Discussion starter · #24 ·
...as in M14 7.62 or a shortened round??? I like the M240 but I know which one carries easier!!! Neither were born when I was involved in training....makes me feel ancient...

I finally broke down and bought a "pocket gun" because I found myself wanting to leave the larger Rugers behind when it became inconvenient.

Bought a Walther PPK/S and it fits in my pocket just slicker 'n snot on glass!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Bunzo....getcha some Gold Dot and lead with a Glaser Blue or two...go to Silver in coat weather, and practice, man, practice!!!! PPK takes more practice than a .45---used to carry one waaaaaaayback and never got what I'd call good with it...easy hidin' little critter, though...for sure...

Put me down as another who carry's every day. Once I put the pants on the gun goes into the holster. My daily carry is a sub-compact XD9 in a Comp-Tac CTAC holster. I've carried just about daily for over 2.5 years. Yes, its something you get used to. I will admit that some days when I'm just working around the house I downgrade to my secondary carry gun. A Taurus M85 in stainless. The trigger is good and its comforting to have in your pocket. When its carried with the XD its in the pocket so that I have a gun in hand before anything starts.

A line that I heard and liked is: Carry 24/7 or guess right!

Steelheart

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.