Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a test yesterday with about 40 rds of each at 25 and 50 yds and here are my results in order of most accurate.
Remington bulk (believe it or not)
Winchester bulk
American Eagle
CCI Stinger
I need to get more brands/types and try them as well.
The first two I would trust for a 50yd head shot on a squirrel, the AE maybe and the CCI definitely not.
What have you all found out?
Darrell

· Registered
6,515 Posts
I hate Remington and abhore Winchester. For general, inexpensive plinking, I'll use Federal bulk. Past that it depends on which I'm shooting as some prefer one brand over another. Could be Eley, could be Wolf, Federal Match, etc...

· Registered
5,337 Posts
In my 10/22 LVT: Remington "Golden Bullet, New and Improved

Winchester "Dynapoint"/ CCI "Mini-mags" a tie.

All others so far, not as good!

Happy shooting:D

· Registered
11 Posts
I have three 10/22's two standard one target all three shoot blaser the best of all of it. I have on hand about 12 to 15 kinds of .22 ammo as i'm one of those people who have 8 or 10 .22 and most have ther fav.ammo. And dam the luck blaser is cheap also.

· Registered
1,949 Posts
I shoot whatevers on sale like bricks from wally world. They all shoot just fine. Winchesters in the 555 box seem a little dirtier and and the Federal 550 boxes leave my fingers black but the shoot just fine. I just bought some Win m22 40gn 1000 rnd boxes they're for all the AR's like Colts new one and they shoot like the rest just cost more. I do keep CCI top of the line 22's for hunting and they shoot a little better but I buy them in smaller boxes. The trick is cleaning after shooting.

· Registered
350 Posts
I broke my 10/22 in w/ a box of cheap Federal AutoMatch Target 40 gr., & some higher quality CCI Velocitor 40 gr. ammunition. Both fed & went bang w/ no hiccups, but the CCIs are clearly better. Also a lot less leading. I'd still like to try CCI Mini-Mag 40 gr., as they've got a very good reputation.

· Registered
2,019 Posts
Maybe I'm lucky here, but my 10/22 eats any ammo type with no issues. I mainly use Federal, the blue and red box. Other ones I also use are American Eagle and CCI.

· Registered
6,946 Posts
Mine gets a regular diet of Federal bulk or Mini-Mags with no problems. Only problem ammo in it has been Remington Golden Bullets (FTFs) and Winchester Wildcat (FTEs, stovepipes).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.