Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think were in a ammo shortage, There plenty of ammo out there, A shortage is where its not coming from the ammo company, look at sportman supply in PA he has plenty of it everyday. I went to walmart saturday had one box of federal 9mm 100 rd pack, some win100rd packs with a limit of 3 per customer no 22 I bought 100 rds of fed for 21 dollars, I have 6000rds of 9mm in the gun safe, but figure as long as the walmart has them and its right past the indoor shooting range Ill take the 10 min to see what they have so I dont use up what I have, 22 on the other hand and I dont like shopping at dicks but there cheaper than any place on the internet now,:eek: plenty of the win m22 2000rds for 109 dollars, the 45 and 10mm not much of a price change its going be cheaper to shoot 45, SHORTAGE NO WAY SCARED SHOOTERS YES when you have 87 bids on 1 case 5000rds of cci 22 shells at 545 dollars its being scare the guy at sportman supply is paying the same amount for ammo before all this happen, I wonder if he bought a new H3 hummer or cadie yet cause he rolling in the dough thanks to us, if he was any kind of friend to us shooter he would put caps on just how much one person could spend on a case, like the 1st one to bid lets say 325 dollars for a case of 22 shells get it not 545 dollars thats nuts man and he know it, I know he has no say in what people bid but come on, here something to think about he probley pays lets say under 200 buck per case of cci 22 probley more like 160 per case but any way going for over 500 bucks per case, for every 3 cases sold he putting 1000 dollars in his pocket with about 20 25 cases of 22 shells a day being bought per day he making about 75oo dollars profit thats just 22 shell not counting 9mm 45, 380 and everything else he sells, rolling in the cash

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
No ammo shortage in Australia.
No reloading supply shortage either.
And prices have stayed the same..... ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I buy onlione

I have not experienced a shortage of ammo, quite the opposite. I buy on line and there is some great deals out there. The Sportsmansguide and Cheaper than dirt, and Luck gunner give you great offers. I like it delivered right to my door..........and now (can't say in the furture with all the liberals screaming for stupid laws) there is no record of your sale other than with the on line store. They are not required to report to any government agencies.

Most of my long gun shooting is 223, and 7.62x39, 30-30, and 45 long colt my hand guns are 40, 45acp, 45 long Colt and 380. My safe is full with all my calibers.)

Makes little difference what stupid liberal politicans try to do, it won't pass either the house or senate. Too many of them live in states that have gunners and want the 2nd Amenmant adhered to and gun rights protected. They vote for gun control, they lose their seat!

·
Registered
422 Posts
After going to a gun show yesterday in Indiana, I've realized that private vendors are the ones who bought up everything. There is was no shortage of anything there. Just slightly marked up in price. Supply and Demand.

·
Registered
97 Posts
was at my local gun show yesterday everything was doubles in price 7.62x39 was 10 bucks a box 762x54r ammo was 9 for surplus stuff and green tip 223 was 850 for 1k rounds. 30 round ar mags where 60 a piece 45 for 30rd ak mags. colt ar's where going for 3k and uppers with bcg's 900 i couldn't believe prices

·
Registered
14 Posts
To the OP; can you use a period in your posts on occasion? I read your entire post as one long sentence, and had to go take a nap when I got to the end. :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Was at a gun show today and a few vendors that was selling ammo had thunderbolt 22LR priced at $50 per 500 brick. What ??? Last friday I bought 2 bricks @ $21 ea at my LGS.
The gun prices were up a little but not bad , bad. A friend bought a Browning 1911 22LR and it was only $10 higher then the one we looked at 6mo ago .

·
Registered
294 Posts
The shortage was back in 2008. This isn't a shortage but rather a run on ammo.
This run is worse than the for no reason panic of 2008-09. The largest whole sale Distributors have nothing but little used calibers.

The mfg are making ammo just not enough to fill demand. Depending on pending legislation you should start seeing things get better in a few months.

I read some people gauge ammo supplies based on their local stores. Not only are those individual store insignificant their ammo is not even considered because it is sold.

You have to ignore what is in stores and look at what is available for the stores to buy once current inventory is sold.

We have been on a 13 month run because it was a election year. Supplies were tight. Then at the Second Presidential Debate Obam said he wanted to see more gun control. That night sales exploded and were reinforced with Political happening in the last few weeks.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I only have three caliber's to buy for. 44 mag, 45 ACP, and 38 spec. My 50 caliber ammo cans look like they'll hold between 12 50 round boxes to 15. So I first lucked out and found a site for 500 rounds of 45 ACP, and will need to get 5 more boxes to fill the can and yes it's hard to get. But I'm trying to get a large quantity of ammo that's the same for each caliber and not a hit and miss assortment of Wal-Mart here, Cabella's there and so on. Sure you can always "find" ammo, but sometimes that means (especially with 44 mag) buying 35 dollar boxes of 20 rounds. No thanks. Smithy.

·
Reloader
4,138 Posts
Every thing here is gone..

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
To the OP; can you use a period in your posts on occasion? I read your entire post as one long sentence, and had to go take a nap when I got to the end. :)
Also to the OP: Paragraphs were a great invention too. It just makes it easier to read. The only reason we are criticizing you is what you were saying was right on.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
This run is worse than the for no reason panic of 2008-09. The largest whole sale Distributors have nothing but little used calibers.

The mfg are making ammo just not enough to fill demand. Depending on pending legislation you should start seeing things get better in a few months.

I read some people gauge ammo supplies based on their local stores. Not only are those individual store insignificant their ammo is not even considered because it is sold.

You have to ignore what is in stores and look at what is available for the stores to buy once current inventory is sold.

We have been on a 13 month run because it was a election year. Supplies were tight. Then at the Second Presidential Debate Obam said he wanted to see more gun control. That night sales exploded and were reinforced with Political happening in the last few weeks.
It is my understanding that in 2008 very little civilian ammo was being manufactured but todays manufacturing has been steady. What we are seeing now is the beginning effects of base parts and materials being in short supply.

You can't make a bullet if you don't have brass, powder and lead.

·
Registered
357 Posts
No .22LR at three LGS, the range, Walmart or Dick's. For me, there is a shortage. 9mm and .45 are out there, but they are limiting you to one box at a time. No cheap range ammo at all.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I did a search on MidwayUSA, and was flabergasted by only 1, 9mm Luger round in stock and selling for $50.99 for a 20 round box!

Good God I'm glad I'm a caster and a reloader!

·
Patriot
393 Posts
LMAO dude

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Hey jframe, I've been on other sites and misspelled just one word. Folks would rather concern themselves with the misspelled word rather than the content of the message. Kind of small thinking if you ask me. Smithy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts