Ruger Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Eastman has anybody told you how good looking you were today with that Ruger Mark pistol?

There is a reason my signature line is "I don't look like my avatar! :p"

You wouldn't be saying that if I was in the picture

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Eastman is that your daughter? She is modeling the correct use of the trigger guard. Somebody taught her well!!

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Eastman is that your daughter? She is modeling the correct use of the trigger guard. Somebody taught her well!!
Anastasia is originally from Ukraine. She is a professional model, and she was here in the US until 4 or 5 years ago (when she moved back to Europe). She had a perfect Femme Fatale look, so I figured the Mk II would complement that.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for sharing Eastman. She does look like a model I have seen in either cars or guns pictures. If you knew her you were a lucky bird.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Gun shows? Hasn't been one around here since the big lock down started. That said, even before they shut down, there weren't any deals to speak of, on guns or ammo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are the gun shows either out of most ammo or high cost? I have not looked there since the ammo pile dried up.
we have gun shows here in okc about 2 per month lots of ammo most of it collectible ammo lot of pistols for sal and shotguns very few if any colts.

·
Registered
112 Posts
prices have moved from ridiculous up to ludicrous

.223/5.56 was priced about $1/round for brass case and $15/box for steel case
9mm started around $30/box for steel and went up from there
Tula .308 Win was $20/box

So I bought a knife (damascus steel Kukri) and a fund raiser raffle ticket instead
This was similar to what I saw in my area. Here's some of the pricing...
5.7x28mm = $50-$60 per box
.223 Rem = $1 or more a round
7.62x39mm = $35
CCI Mini-Mags - $12.50 per 100 rd box.

In contrast, the LGS that was on the route, had normal pricing for their stock.
Another LGS, a multi-state corporation, raised their prices $2-$3 per box.

There is still panic buying at Gun Shows. It looks like any price is good enough. And I understand that if one doesn't have any ammo, it might be necessary to pay high prices. My buddy, at the last gun show, told me that the already-formed line ran to the ammo vendors to buy ammo.

Funny though, NO commercial reloaders have been at the area's recent gun shows

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went to a 500 table gun show just below Gettysburg, PA on sat. 9/12/20. Masks optional thank God. Everything was high some real high and some not so high. Thank God I handload. I did score a good buy 1000 Federal Lg. Pistol Mag. for $34.99 (pre gouging price). The gouging on Gun Broker for ammo and components is unreal. Of coarse some are letting themselves be gouged.

·
Registered
60 Posts
In Southern New Jersey we have to buy ammo from a gun retailer with state issued ID card. My range is down to one box of 50 rounds of 9 mm or 38 special for range use only,500 rounds 22lr limit .
Does N.J. still have the 5 years and $5,000 PER Round of Hollow Point Ammo Law?
Well, it is part of what I call the Iron Curtain States(a former NYer, Here.).
Truly sad.

·
Registered
272 Posts
There was the biggest gun show in the ATL area this weekend. Didn't bother going anticipated long lines and out of stock conditions or high prices.

·
Registered
46 Posts
After 2011, gun shows have been one big waste of time to go there and the money to be there if you're going to get something commonly available.

Once the internet became the best medium for finding and obtaining firearm parts, accessories, ammo, and reloading materials, gun shows became a waste of time and I stopped going under most situations. FFL transfers of an online purchased firearm and the occasional firearm purchase at a LGS typically handled all I wanted/needed.

The only caveat/exception to this is when you have a friend or more that want to go to a gun show as group just to spend time. Doesn't matter if its a terrible gun show, you get some time with your friends looking around.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The gun show I go to here has been taken over by a chain of gun stores. They have expanded their area in one of the buildings and many independent vendors have been forced out or given up and moved to a different set of shows. I received a e-mail from the gun show people and thought it was the typical notification of a upcoming show and it turned out to be a ad for the gun store chain connected to the show.. They were selling wolf 9mm ammo for over 400.00 a case of 1,000 and had people lined up to by from the pallet that was sitting there. A couple shows back there was another vendor selling 223 ammo by the lot of 500, 1,500, or 2,000 rounds. He would dump the ammo into a scale to weigh it before you bought it. Not accurate as far as I was concerned and had to be reloads on top of that. I asked the vendor if I could count the 500 rounds of ammo I was thinking of buying to see what he would say and immediately told no. I told him that if I coiuldn''t verify it before hand, there was no way I would trust him and walked away. I normally buy factory loads and only in rare occasions do I pick up reloads.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts