Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carried a .357 for the longest time, and I just switched over to a .40. The .40 seems to be a good neutral ground between 9mm and 45.

What caliber do you carry?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a few that I alternate between: Kel-tec P11 9mm, P64 9x18mm, SA Micro Compact .45ACP, and a Taurus model 617 7shot .357 mag.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I carry .357, reasoning being--I am growing older and clumsier, and in the heat of the moment
a revolver is still embeded in my reflexes and thinking process.Also my sweetie carries a
revolver and if I should be put down she can shoot either hers or mine if the crap was still
hitting the fan.Also if I happen to be carrying 38+P in mine, there is ammo available for both
weapons. Make any sense?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

Keith, I carried a .40 cal for many a year, I just don't like the trigger bite I got from my G27 and G22. I never tried Rugers so I can't say how they feel. But I now carry a blue .44 2" revolver. This is soon to change to a Ruger SP101, as I like the smallness of it and the fact that it is stainless.

In the summer I wear http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/311/6920/?return=? which when I worked UC this type of holster worked great for no detection by the BG's. Mine is in white and the nice thing about it is that it has 4 differant possitions of holstering, as well as mag holders etc. I actually carried a small two way, cuffs G27, 4 mags reloads without detection, and I'm not a small guy.

This works quite well with snap shirts :D

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Well, I carried a P89 9mm for several years, but my wife has taken it over. So, I bought the P90 .45 and have been carrying it for awhile now. But, I also have the SP101 in .38 and the GP .357 that I would feel perfectly safe in carrying.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have a K/T 3AT on me all the time and if I leave the house I carry a 1911/.45 S&W sc/41/4" barel. Two 10rd mags on my belt, and a 6rd back up for the K/T in a pocket. I am sure some DA will try and hang me with it but that's the point. I be here to fight and the BG might be wearing a dirt overcoat.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I carry a P90 in a Smartcarry most to the time, but occasionally I'll carry a Rossi R462 with .38 special +P loads.

I don't load for .357 or .38 and most .357 loads are too long to allow the cylinder to turn.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Most always a KP97 .45 but do switch sometimes according whatever is closer to hand or maybe just the way I feel at the time, to a small .38Sp and very occasionally a 9MM.
Baker

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
P90 w/3 extra cllips and M649 w 4 speed strips and 2 HKS Speedloaders ---all in my belt/pockets under a pocket t-shirt-very active every day in remodeling/plbg./ladders/ etc.-never spotted...always prepared and ready to share with my work partner who does not have permit yet...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
sheepdog
I think that you are to be commended for thinking so far ahead in keeping not only your life safe,but those around you. I hope those around you realize how lucky they are. Your a good man.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This man is a Vietnam Vet, X-POW who'd fight to the death to stop evil, and one of the FEW men I'd arm with one of my guns...good to ride the road with! Also happens to be a Marine...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Stainless Springfield 1911 .45 ACP. Carry over from my military experience. Sometimes a Star Firestar in .40.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
540 Posts
S&W 637 Chiefs Special Airweight 38+P.

Would prefer something with a lil more capacity, but at 15 oz., I literally forget it is there sometimes, and with a 125 gr JHP traveling at 900+/- FPS, I feel it has adequate power.

I have a smaller Beretta Tomcat .32, but I feel the .32 ACP is only slightly superior to pepper spray in it's stopping power, and it isn't really any thinner, or lighter than the Smithy.

·
Registered
714 Posts
:D Evidently the muse is upon me today. Somewhere in this forum I have already stated my daily carry piece(s) but I dont mind repeating myself.

95% of the time a stainless Colt Officers ACP in .45 acp rides on my hip in a el cheapo but very effective, for me, Uncle Mikes ISW holster.

The rest of the time yet another stainless Colt, this time a Combat Commander in .45 acp (duh) had that honor.;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
SP 101 .357 spurless

1 - 20 of 122 Posts