Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we've had the fastest, the slowest, how many. Now, it's which was the one you learned how to drive.
I learned on 1959 Rambler Metroplitan, with a three speed on the column. Turquoise and white and ugly as sin!

·
Banned
551 Posts
Well, we've had the fastest, the slowest, how many. Now, it's which was the one you learned how to drive.
I learned on 1959 Rambler Metroplitan, with a three speed on the column. Turquoise and white and ugly as sin!
I had one of them! Pretty dam good car. But I learned to drive (1965) in an older Dodge Dart with three on the column.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
1976 Ford F-100. Also equipped with 3 on the tree.

·
Registered
793 Posts
'64 Mustang, 3 speed manual transmission . My dad didn't have the patience with me learning to shift a manual transmission so that job went to my mom.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
At 10 years old. A 1950 international tractor. Drove it with a wagon attached 10 feet at a time. Learned how to set fence posts on the farm and drive. Darn. Things were simpler back then. Live was great and so uncomplicated.

·
Registered
17,166 Posts
A 59 Impala with a 348.

·
Banned
551 Posts
I'm glad I ain't 10 today. When I think of the things I did way back when I believe that these days it would land me in jail.

·
Registered
120 Posts
1947 Chev 1 1/2 ton truck.. Hauling grain around the field and unloading the combine on the go...

BTW, that "on the go" thing took a couple of tries to perfect...

Paul

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
At 10 years old. A 1950 international tractor. Drove it with a wagon attached 10 feet at a time. Learned how to set fence posts on the farm and drive. Darn. Things were simpler back then. Live was great and so uncomplicated.
I was the same age only my first was a John Deere Tractor. Life was very good back then. :D

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
I'm glad I ain't 10 today. When I think of the things I did way back when I believe that these days it would land me in jail.
You can say that again! I remember getting stopped twice on the same night by the same town cop. Yup, we were drinking, and the second stop was for going the wrong way on a one way street. We went home after that. I knew by his tone that three strikes meant out. No license and still learning in a 67 Chevy Nova. One red light town with one cop. I remember him well. He also run the best garage in town.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I had an uncle that had same Nash Metropolitan. Same color too. It was fun to drive.
I learned on a'56 Ford w/ manual transmission that I bought with paper route money I had saved.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
My grandfather was a VP for a propane tank company so when I was almost 15 he took $850 of my money and bought a company car they were going to auction off so I'd have a car when I learned to drive. It was a '78 Chevy Caprice Classic, automatic. And while it did technically have a 350 V8, the version on that "fuel efficient" car was really only a shadow of what the engine was capable of.

Still, I owned it for almost 10 years.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
It's been a while for me but if I recall correctly I believe it was this model.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts