Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No rounds through it. I have not gotten a chance to shoot it yet.

It's the chrome chamber on my Colt LE6920. Anyone have any ideas what these marks could be from? Will they end up giving me problems later down the road? They actually go into the chrome. They're not just on the surface.

·
Registered
947 Posts
It looks like normal machine marks to me. The chrome process used in the chamber is not decorative, but more for lubricity and rust prevention. I don't think it will give you any problems. Once you have a few hundred rounds through the gun, you probably wont see those machining marks anymore....fire away!:)

·
Registered
873 Posts
It looks like normal machine marks to me. The chrome process used in the chamber is not decorative, but more for lubricity and rust prevention. I don't think it will give you any problems. Once you have a few hundred rounds through the gun, you probably wont see those machining marks anymore....fire away!:)
+1

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. This has been worrying me. :)

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
The LE6920 isn't a display piece. When I first got mine, I even questioned if it was new. It's a solid, solid, accurate, reliable rifle that's made to shoot and meant to be shot. Get out there and have some fun. :)

·
Larry the Conservative
5,458 Posts
So when are you going to shoot the thing buddy? Or is it going to live as a "safe queen"? :D You'll worry a LOT less when you get some ammo down range.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So when are you going to shoot the thing buddy? Or is it going to live as a "safe queen"? :D You'll worry a LOT less when you get some ammo down range.
My range re-opens Monday. I hope to get out to the range either this monday or next weekend. Trust me dude, it's killin' me! I'm itching to shoot it! lol :D

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The LE6920 isn't a display piece. When I first got mine, I even questioned if it was new. It's a solid, solid, accurate, reliable rifle that's made to shoot and meant to be shot. Get out there and have some fun. :)
You're absolutely right. I couldn't shoot it for a week and half now. The only thing I can do is look at it. lol :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts