Ruger Forum banner
481 - 500 of 542 Posts

· Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Had a chance to take the nightstand SW642 and the Ruger P345 out for a dust-off with the Ruger LCRx 22LR.
*Always love the P345 time. Easy for me to rack and just fun to shoot. Only had magtech range ammo and still shot ok.
Orange Art Automotive design Record player Font

· Registered
216 Posts
Wife and I visited the range today. She uses my 22/45 and does well. Put a new front sight on her M9-22. First sight I completely botched the height.
But I had a reference point and ordered a new one from Dawson, installed now and for her aimpoint=impact point. That makes me happy.

I did a practice high of 497 on bullseye practice. After my ammo tests, that cheap AutoMatch does the best in the Browning.

We bought a Shield 2 Plus some time ago more for the sights and good feel in the hands. It is a performance center model. I like that pistol.
7 yards:

Mesh Line Plant Circle Art

My best 10 yards, out of three:
Green Wheel Line Art Motor vehicle

Best 15 yard out of 3:
Green Art Font Line Motor vehicle

Only had 50 rounds of 9mm. So after I ran out I went over and got some of her 22, Aquila 22 38 gr HP.

First 20, 8! were duds and 4 of those I reran with a 180 turn, still duds. Accuracy even with two hands was
not all that great. Looks like I have two more boxes of 50 left and I think these were 2021 purchases.

· Registered
1,999 Posts
Got to put some rounds downrange through the new (to me) old toy that joined my 'accumulation' last week. It took more than a couple of clicks to get reasonably centered at 25 yards with the Model 57 1/2 which tends to fit with the 'I don't know if it has ever been shot' as stated by the PO. It has definitely now been shot and pretty much every old geezer (I very much resemble that) at the range yesterday took a crack with it and came away smiling! We only shot up the .41 Special ammo that I had brought, someday I will try 'real magnums' but there is no hurry for that.

Bruce

· Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
Took the Mini 14 out to the 100 yard line. Previous zeroed in at 25 yards. It’s an early tiny tapered barrel version ranch rifle. Not great results. The RO highly recommended I but a barrel stabilization device. Think I will.
Wood Air gun Shotgun Trigger Gas

Line Astronomical object Circle Space Cutting mat

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Took the 10/22 out today. Haven't shot it for a while and picked up another 15 rd mag for it so wanted to see how it worked. Shot 50 rounds of the Norma Tac22 and some Federal Champion ammo. New mag worked 100% Norma ammo worked well too. Black circle is a 2" dot.

Shot at 25 yards max distance at the indoor range. Front of stock supported on rest back of stock on my shoulder.

Rectangle Font Red Indoor games and sports Recreation

· Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Another stop to range. Took Ruger 9E and Mark III 22/45. Just a visit to shoot at some paper. The 9E as always is spot on and fun to exercise with. I love the Mark III 22/45 and just enjoy the rimfire time.
*Also checked out a Rock Island Armory Standard FS .9mm 10 round and was happy with it. Possibly will pull the string and get one.
Line Flooring Gas Wood Composite material

· Registered
68 Posts
Killed a 2 foot rat snake outside my chicken pen with my Taurus Tracker 992. Sure like the 22 mag shotshell. Can’t find them anymore. And I am sure I will run out of 22 mags before I run out if snakes. 😟

· Registered
806 Posts
Went to the range today in drizzle. Shot my Hi-Power 9 mm and my Kimber 45. Defensive drills on targets at 7 yards from the holster and slow fire on targets at 50 yards, from kneeling position.
Amber Orange Font Gas Wood

Kimber 45 ACP - 5 different drills totaling 15 shots, from CC holster, 7 yds.

Wood Art Gun barrel Visual arts Gun accessory

Browning Hi-Power 9 mm - 5 different drills totaling 15 shots, from CC holster, 7 yds.

Automotive design Automotive lighting Gas Automotive tire Auto part

Kimber 45 ACP - 8 shots, 50 yards slow fire, kneeling

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

Browning Hi-Power 9 mm - 14 shots, 50 yards slow fire, kneeling

Attachments

· Registered
216 Posts
Club indoor range this evening with the TX22 Competition. My wife did not like the S&B Club 22. Took the remainder
to shoot it up. I was impressed as the TX22 barrel is not the greatest looker inside. Wally World had some new
Win M22 so I bought a box to try out. Not too bad but for the price I would stick with the CCI Std velocity.

The Rem golden bucket was really good to bad. Only one I had a few difficult to feed rounds. They are
very dry with some having a powdery surface on the bullet. Lower right was the very last 15 for the session.
See the two that keyholed up to the left. Then there is the group just below the 8, ?

Just for a test one of my friends, with shaky paw nerve problems, did the S&B club around the lower 9.

Blue circled holes are from a pistol he brought, super cheap and difficult to sight. I was aiming at the 9
to the right.

Facial expression Human body Orange Organism Art

· Registered
832 Posts
Went to a Steel Challenge match today with my Black Mamba. I put a new battery in my C-More Railway sight before I left the house and tested it to make sure it was working.

When I got to the range and prepared to shoot the first stage I turned to dot on but nothing happened. First time shooting with a new bag and I didn't have a spare battery or any tools with me. I figured I'd stick around and run the scoreboard for everyone so the day wouldn't be a total waste.

One of the older shooters gave me his backup Ruger Mark III to shoot and he had enough magazines. I like his gun. Good trigger and the dot was one of the old ones that was the size of a pop can.

I did pretty well considering. Had fun, only had a few failures do to my choice of ammo, It was Norma Tac 22 which was a little light for the gun. The owner told me he only shoots mini mags out of it.

· Registered
6,950 Posts
I shot too much time in front of this compooter...:rolleyes:

· Registered
1,999 Posts
Once again I shot about a case and a half of clays from the trap so that the kids could enjoy the shotgun portion of our Youth Program. It is very rewarding to see the new shooters break their first clay and also to see the marked improvement several show after coming back for several months. One youth will be coming for his last Shoot next month (presuming it doesn't get snowed out, a possibility here in October) after many years of coming to the shoots, as he enters the military shortly afterward. Another has shown a lot of improvement after coming for just a few months and both he and his mom are very enthusiastic. I had him try my old Citori and it seemed like he could not miss with it, he will be coming to our monthly 'Tournament' (really just a group getting together to shoot, the only 'formal' part of it is safety) next Sunday as I offered him use of the gun (mom is planning to get him one for Christmas).
We struggle to accommodate the smaller 'kids' who want to try, many just are not big or strong enough to handle the Youth Model 1187 20 ga we have. Most of the break action singles in 20 ga are light enough but 'punishing' to those of small stature and .410s are harder for the kids to hit with and even in 'Youth Model' are too big for some. A 28 semi would be hard on the ammo budget (if there even is one that is small enough), most O/U have too much weight forward. We want the kids to succeed and have fun early on, just can't figure out what we need to add that would suit them.
I am leaning toward a Youth 20 pump, then shortening it more (at both ends) and custom loading some very light loads. If I actually go through with that we probably won't ever have another youth under 5'11" come to the program.

Bruce

· Premium Member
3,804 Posts
First time out with New Sig Sauer P365

Sig P365 with 10rnd & 12rnd magazines. X Ray 3 sight.
Standing with 2 handed grip.
(I know this is old news to you guys but this is my first time out with Sig. Do not read if offended.)

Range ammo used for first test.
Blazer Brass CCI 9mm 115gr. 1125fps FMJ
Blazer Brass CCI 9mm 124gr. 1090fps FMJ
Federal RangeTargetPractice 115gr. FMJ

*Had zero issues today.
*Accurate for me. The sights are easy for me to pick up. In low light the sights are amazing.
*Easy to handle and manipulate with my old hands. Had zero issues with double tap drills.
*Very happy with first time out. Look forward to test more ammo types and distances.
*Easy to field strip and clean.
*10rnd mag felt good in hand but had a better feel/grip with 12rnd mag. Need to work on trigger control.
/The journey continues, and more range time is on the way.
Art Font Fashion design Carmine Eyewear

481 - 500 of 542 Posts