Ruger Forum banner
521 - 540 of 540 Posts

· Registered
Rugers: Model 19122 pc 9 , American Competion
3,551 Posts
This was our last weekend before our modern firearms season opens for deer. We replaced some rotted timbers on our bridge and cleaned up a tree we dropped Saturday. Today three of us shot our rifles one last time. We had a Browning A bolt, my buddy’s Sauer, and both my M77 Mk2 and No.1. All of them 30-06 of course.

Both my guns are right on 1.7 high at 100 yards and shooting under 1 moa groups. My rifles are set, if I miss it’s on me.

We also pulled the data card from the camera and have a dandy 10 pt showing up several times.
Browning A bolt! Thats a nice pipe!

· Registered
5,284 Posts
Browning A bolt! Thats a nice pipe!
We have two Brownings at camp. My BFF uses a stainless stalker and our other friend a high grade blue and walnut version.

The fun part of the day is both my Rugers outshot my very competitive buddy’s Sauer. The Sauer is big bucks and beautiful. I turned in a 3 shot group, with each of my Rugers, that was beautiful. Six shots and done. The Sauer consumed an entire box of Federal $$$Partitions$$$ before he was satisfied.

My 77 likes Winchester soft points and my No 1 likes Norma Whitetail. Both inexpensive ammo.

· Registered
5,284 Posts
Today is a work day. Of course the raccoon decides to sample my peanut butter surprise last night. Honey toasted, 9 out of 9 raccoons prefer it.

So before my morning coffee I got to shoot a raccoon in the face.

Bring on my coworkers.

· Premium Member
1,738 Posts
We had a great day at the range today. Windy and a bit cool but not a cloud in the sky. Wifey took her 10/22 and pistol. She shot darn good. I took out two old friends. I shot the pistol very good, but shot the 30-30 really good. Fun day for sure. Grabbing a cup of coffee, go do some cleaning. :)
Sky Standing Gesture Shade Travel
Air gun Outdoor recreation Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Air gun Automotive exterior
Automotive exterior Wood Bumper Tints and shades Bag

· Registered
1,999 Posts
We had a great day at the range today. Windy and a bit cool but not a cloud in the sky. Wifey took her 10/22 and pistol. She shot darn good. I took out two old friends. I shot the pistol very good, but shot the 30-30 really good. Fun day for sure. Grabbing a cup of coffee, go do some cleaning. :) View attachment 180586
I haven't seen one of those magazine loaders for a while! I recall mine working great but I got out of the habit of using it when we had the previous .22 shortage and then I found a S&W 41 for Bullseye shooting so the MKs have been languishing for a few years. I should dig it out again. Thanks for the reminder that my MK II's need some range time!

Bruce

· Premium Member
1,738 Posts
I haven't seen one of those magazine loaders for a while! I recall mine working great but I got out of the habit of using it when we had the previous .22 shortage and then I found a S&W 41 for Bullseye shooting so the MKs have been languishing for a few years. I should dig it out again. Thanks for the reminder that my MK II's need some range time!

Bruce
My wife love "gadgets". I prefer the old "black thumb" method of mag loading. The way she shoots, I'll never laugh at her! ;)

Reactions: FireEscape

· Registered
806 Posts
Went to the indoor range yesterday afternoon to try some new reloads with my 357 Blackhawk. Was disappointed with the 158 gr. Hornady FP/XTP loads, but encouraged with the 125 Hornady HP/XTP loads. Standing unsupported, with the Blackhawk sighted in using the 125 gr. bullets, I could keep all ten rounds in the black 9-10-X area (5.5-inch diameter) of the B-8 target. Standing unsupported, with the Blackhawk sighted in with the 158 gr bullets, try as I might, I could not keep all rounds in the black - several going into the eight ring (8-inch diameter) with no tight cluster, all evenly scattered.

Previously, my favorite .357 mag. load was the Speer 158 gr. JSP, which gave me outstanding accuracy. Unfortunately, Speer bullets for reloading are unavailable, to the best of my knowledge. With that bullet, when I shot NRA Hunter Silhouette, I could almost always clean the 40 yard chickens and the 50 yard pigs.

· Registered
6,949 Posts
If crime gets much worse ( besides places it's already bad) we could add a similar thread -

"What type of criminal did you shoot today?" ....o_O

· Registered
547 Posts
Didn't go today, usually do on Wednesday. Lately, it's been 9mm and 22lr, only because I have excess of both, especially 22lr.

· Registered
11 Posts
50 rounds through my LCRx .22wmr 3" barrel. Now have a total of 200 rds through it. This is a mix of SA and DA, as well as some rapid fire work. I just love the accuracy and smoothness of this gun.
Line Art Parallel Font Symmetry

· Registered
269 Posts
Two days ago I was shooting my wife's Kidd enhanced 10/22.

Last target was this rapid (sub 4 second) 5 round mag dump at 100 yards shooting some 10+ year old Wolf Match Target.
Rectangle Textile Triangle Font Flooring

Maybe un-repeatable but it made me happy.

· Registered
215 Posts
My wife and I go nearly every Wednesday to an indoor range for an hour or so of early shooting. She says it is one of the times she forgets about everything (past 9 months of
executor of her fathers estate has been a pita.) She uses her 22/45 (was mine) along with a 22 Beretta 92. I throw in a 9 mm for her, sometimes the Hellcat or the 320 Sig.
All have red dots. Today I gave her my old 92FS with those tiny little red dots on the front an rear sight. To the right is one of the 22/45 targets.
She shoots 5-7 yards

Font Circle Handwriting Recreation Illustration

Told her she could have the 92 if she wanted it.

Took my Buckmark I use in bullseye for practice and what I refer to as the cheater 9mm. Canik Mete with a revised trigger for a short stroke and reset, lighter spring and red dot.
If I want to feel good about my shooting that day, I use the Mete.
White Line Font Circle Gas

There was a gentlemen next to me shooting a 9. It is not unusual for spent casing to cross in front. But I saw a rather large
darker object arc across and land about 6 feet out. Thought he accidentally brushed off something from the shooting bench.
Took up the small binocs and hey, it is a red dot! I step back out of the stall and he comes out with his hand on his forehead.
Moves his hand, ouch, the red dot came off and smacked him just below the hairline. Not sure if he used the right length
screws as he said it flew off after a few rounds.

We had another guy there with a female friend that I learned was her first time out. I started talking to her about
our pistols, asked if she wanted to try. Declined mine, but she did try the wifes 22/45, really liked it. From her enthusiastic
talk her friend will be taking her back to shoot some more, maybe lots more.

As an add on, I went back to this range Friday (yesterday) to get a range pass pack for my friend. The sales guy
tells me at 10AM a customer comes in to pick up his 365 Macro. Then asks do you have any Staccatos?, yes they do,
picked up one of those. Then went to the opposite counter and picked up a CZ Czechmate. Also picked up a
stripped AR lower and about $300 in accessories. My estimate over $7000 spent in one shopping trip.

On the way out I held the doors open for a group coming out. The one person is carrying a rifle bag and
something else in the other hand, which is why I held the door. Just over the threshold, clunk. I look down
and it is a pistol with the slide racked back. Oppps, says it must have fell out of his holster (?) Maybe he
meant pistol case.

My friend is coming up today for some 9mm work. He just picked up a 320AXG Equinox limited edition.
There were two left, told him to buy both. Shoot the one and keep the other untouched. He has the cash.

· Registered
431 Posts
Excellent accuracy: I rolled out my new Savage 93 BVXP-carbon steel with laminated stock. The stock on this version is gray with checkering. I shot sixty rounds of CCI Standard Velocity rounds. I was using the supplied promotional POS scope set on 9x. That scope crapped out ending the day. Rifle being new there are some burrs etc. I was a super happy camper for the first trip out. I'm getting ready for some new informal RF matches at the club. These matches are being well attended. Got home and installed a Weaver T-15 scope. Junk was on the junk pile.

· Registered
97 Posts
Finally got to the range after waaaay too many months rested with iron sights I was able to put all rounds on target at 50 yards with the 500L standing offhand I think 7 out of 10. While not real good it was a bit better than I expected as it has been going on 8 months I think since I last had it out.

· Registered
215 Posts
Today we went to the indoor range. Took my Buckmark and MK IV 22/45 Next pistol bullseye I am using the MK IV as it out shot the Buckmark.
I get too many misses with the Buckmark. The wife has been shooting my first 22/45 and a Beretta 22 92M. Past few outings I have been
making up her target sheet encouraging her to do 5 yds, 7 yds and 10 yds. Doing well too.

She wanted to try a 9mm 92 so I gave her my old 92fs. This was at about 6 yrds. She told me all were in the black until the last
two, she was frustrated. There was a third over on the left edge, we will count that in.

Art Recreation Circle Precision sports Font

521 - 540 of 540 Posts