Ruger Forum banner

3321 - 3340 of 3389 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,321 ·
Took off the magnifier and shot 30 more rounds and 30 rounds of 38 special out of my pocket J frame.
07D768AB-FE59-4657-A466-0C1A58B42FEE.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
We did our annual Valentines Day shoot. My wife took her LCR .22 & her wood 10/22. I took my plastic .308 & 10/22. It was a great Ruger day. Weather held out, no rain. Just finished cleaning and putting up our toys. Hope you all had a great day!
100_2098.JPG

Reactions: daleeman

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,323 ·
Forgot to take photo, but it did happen!

S&W Viciory with threaded barrel and the Marlin 25N. Shot about 100 rounds of 22Lr.
The Marlin was a boy scout trainer rifle. It was in sad shape whenI I got iit. Took about a year to source the missing parts, clean up the wood and spruce it up. Came with a single shot plug in the magazine well. I have since found three 7 round mags. It’s a great shooter.

·
Registered
582 Posts

Steel Challenge match today with my Volquartsen Black Mamba. First time shooting iron sights in about 10 years so I really wanted to see how I'd do. I like it I had some of my fastest times.

I had a few problems getting started but after the weather got a little warmer, and so did I my shooting really improved.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I shot 100 rounds today through my Ruger SBH. And the same in my single six. No wind today. Suns out. Temp in the 30's. Great day for plinking. Shot some stout rounds in the 44 i loaded. 240 grain SWC behind 14 grains of Blue dot. I like em lol.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Took my stock Ruger, Target Model, 10-22 to the farm yesterday. We have a 6 inch steel plate hanging at 100 yards. It was boringly easy to ring the plate. I only got to shoot around 50 rounds, since our focus was sighting in my buddy's new, Thermal scoped and suppressed 300 BO. Apparently as a child he had a bad experience with piggies and he is now ready to even the score with them.....or something like that.

IMG_E0739.JPG

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
My old Citori. Our club has a shotgun tournament on the last Sunday of most months. Wind chills put last month's tournament at well below zero so we cancelled but today was a balmy (for February) 39F so we were good to go. I start out OK but back and hip issues make themselves known before I get through a round. Got the first 25 in (barely), had about 5 more shots in round two (I was last shooter) and I told them not to open another case of clays. Better to finish happy than in pain and really nice to get out and shoot, I didn't even finish last.

Bruce

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,332 ·
Not today but on Saturday was 357 day for me at the range.
77/357 and the S&W 640 pro. Chewed up a box of mixed 357s.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Ruger Precision Rifle Gen 1 308 100 rounds of reloaded ammo
Marlin 1894CB in 45 Colt 100 rounds of reloaded ammo.

·
Registered
162 Posts
In the last couple of days, I've taken the SR9c, SR45, and Glock G20 out for some exercise. It felt very nice to put a few hundred rounds downrange. Ammo prices be damned.

·
Registered
582 Posts

I decided to take my C-More off my 617 and shoot it for the next few weeks in RFPI (Rimfire Pistol Iron) category for Steel Challenge.

Today I fired 300 rounds of Federal BYOB and Remington Golden bullets and only had 2 Failure To Fires so I'm pretty happy. I have a new mainspring on order and that will take care of the FTFs.

I shoot better with my revolvers that I do with my Autos so I'm hoping to get into a higher class. This is a small, only 5 stage match, but if I do well I'll shoot the full SC Match next weekend.

Not a Ruger but I like it.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Today i shot my axis .223. Tried out a new scope. UTG 4X16X50. Here is the range report.
Best shots were with 24 grains of varget 55 grain Berrys bullets. i had some light loads with 9 grains of red dot. With 55 grain bullets from Rock mtn reloading. They opened up at 100 yards. Also as the barrel got hot groups opened up. 50 yard target center mass and head shots were with the varget loads. Left upper target was with the red dot loads. The 100 yard target. Centermass was the varget loads. Head and left target was the red dot loads. As to the scope it's self. Im very happy with it. Clarity was good at all power ranges. I did use the paralax settins too for each yardage. I need to work on my steadiness. My son took out some clays at 100 yards with it. Getting old sucks lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Last week my Ruger 22/45, I really like this pistol. Added a red dot via a Tandemkross plate.
Blue circles are where I am aiming. Room for improvement which is why I acquired the 22/45, practice.
Using Remington Bucket of Bullets.

Today I took this out for the first time. Plain old black sights, no dots, no bars, all black.

First 10 rounds of Remington 115.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Shot my PCC9, Henry HOO1, LCP II .22lr, HK USP .40 compact, & Wrangler today. Lots of fun! Been awhile since I’ve shot any centerfire & man it felt good! The red dot on the Henry did the trick for me, now I can actually hit out to 50yds very accurately. Had so much fun busting clay pigeons on a berm @ 50yds that I didn’t get a chance to see what it’ll do @ a 100yds. Great day even with the wind gusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3321 - 3340 of 3389 Posts