Ruger Forum banner

3341 - 3360 of 3389 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Not today but in the last 24 hours I shot two rounds of Scrap (our club version of not exactly trap) with my ancient Citori. We have a 'Tournament' on the last Sunday of each month (provided wind chill is above zero), despite it sounding pretentious it is really a bunch of or a few (depends upon weather) guys/girls getting out and having fun breaking clays, yesterday was 40F, raw and damp, there were 14 of us and we finished just before the deluge of rain began. Someone mentioned that it was an event where everyone smiles, no one gets all that serious except about safety. I was pleased to get both 25 round strings in, usually my back and hips start complaining at about 15 rounds so I might quit early, I took a couple extra Advil and managed to hit 38/50. Once upon a time I could plan on mid 40's but happy just to keep shooting these days.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Thursday April 1st took my wife's SP101 22lr to range and ran about 100 rounds of Federal lrn. Ran 25 rounds 38 special wadcutters through my GP100 six inch barrel.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,345 ·
Took the Henry Pump 22 rifle to the range and my Sig P365. Spent the entire time tearing up targets at 25 yards w bulk Federal 22 and ran out of time before I got to shoot the Sig. oh well saved ammo.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I took a NRA basic pistol class last Friday. I did get 100% on the written test. Only able to get Level 1 on the target test. Missed Level 2 by a few flyers on 3 out of 4. I do have Rugers, but all revolvers. In the class I used my Canik which now has a red dot. Instructor carries a Sig 320 and expressed interest in the Canik. At the end of the shooting portion I offered my Canik which
he accepted. Using a red paster from the targets, slightly bigger than 9mm, at 10 feet he put a round right through it. "Your red dot is right on" was his comment.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
No pics, but it felt good to get out yesterday to our outdoor range.... Been months! Weather was perfect. Shot a bunch of 22LR with the o' Single Six, 70 rounds of .357 out of flattop BH, and 70 rounds of .45 Colt out of flattop BH. Doesn't get any better. And yes, I mostly hit what I aimed at although I was a bit fatigued in the shoulder and wrist when done. Need to get more arm exercise!

Reactions: daleeman

·
Registered
107 Posts
I took a vacation day and sighted in Athlon scope only problem kept scraping my finger on windage turrent when racking the bolt . Also fired a few rounds with 22/45 and shot up couple water bottles and soda can .
20210507_183139.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love 41 Maggie's, so I exercised the blackhawk on open top tin cans filled with water. The cans make a good waterspouts with 22lr , but Maggie shoots the water about 20' into the air. I found a small fire extinguisher about 20 yrs old, set at 50yds and busted with my 41 Henry. A cloud of dust and a roar of thunder. Great day!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,353 ·
Took out the late 1944 Walther PP in 32 acp. This is proof stamped as an NAZI Army Officer side arm and then used post war in France police issue who put the lanyard on it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Stock Ruger 556 at 218 yrds and achieved paper! Poor groupings but the stock trigger is difficult. Owner needs some tuning too.
Ruger 10/22 with a red + sight and Ruger trigger. Good at 50 yards and on paper at 100 yards.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I got in a number of different ammo for my .22 so I tested them with my Ruger Mark IV 22/45 and a 10 inch barrel to see if they would function and what kind of groups I would get.

I shot the 22/45 with the stock barrel first and found that it had no problems with CCI-SV, Blazers, 40 grain Hollow Point Mini Mags and Velocitors. I was curious to see how well the hollow points work and I'm pleased to say I had no problems in either the Lite or with the 10 inch barrel on the 22/45.

Velocitors were a little disappointing with groups in the 1.5 to 2 inch vertical strings but .5 in windage problems. SV were the real winner, I only shot at 25 yards at my local indoor range and they stayed into .5 inches. I cheated because I put a 3 X 9 scope on the 10 incher for fun. That's going to be a bench gun for me. If I still hunted it would be my choice.

Name:  Mark IV with 3 barrels.jpg Views: 0 Size:  47.4 KB

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
my Ruger precision 308 down range 500 yards

thumbnail_IMG_20210522_112002_3.jpg

50060.7.PNG

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had a new Security 9 and a used SR22 out at the range. Both shot perfectly. I had Fed. 115gr FMJ and Browning 22lr. Both Rugers shot like champs.
I also had a new S&W M&P9 4.25" model. It also shot perfectly right out of the box and was very accurate.
These 3 guns almost made me look like a marksman---almost.

·
Registered
629 Posts
CZ Ultra Lux rifle and Browning Buck Marl UTX pistol, both in .22 lr.
The CZ is way more accurate than I am and the Buck Mark will let me hit a small metal gong at 100 yards 4 out of ten times.
Getting back inti .22 lr shooting.

3341 - 3360 of 3389 Posts