Ruger Forum banner

3361 - 3380 of 3389 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
SR22, my current favorite pistol at the range due to ammo costs. 350 rounds cheap bulk ammo with 0 malfunctions which is great since I usually get an ammo related dud or two. The gun runs perfectly though.

P365 50rds Blazer brass and 12rds Sig V-Crown

·
Registered
35 Posts
A new SR1911 Commander. First 5 rounds at 5 yards. Somewhat shocked me as I was having
trouble getting a comfortable grip on the pistol. Seemed odd as I have a 22/45 and two other 1911
that I have no problem with getting a good grip.

I first brought it home and disassembled to clean and oil. Did not look like it was shot at the factory.
Very little lube if any at all. Here it is after cleaning, oiling and reassembled.

I have been working on the NRA levels, I passed Level 1. ONE flyer due to a flinch.

So I get home and start the cleaning. Wiping down those pretty chrome looking mags I hear this rattling inside one of the mags.
Oh no, something broken already. After some shaking and rotating the mag I see this guy peeking out:

There were two of them! THAT explains why one mag could not take a full load.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Sunday I shot my Henry HOO1, LCP II .22lr, & my Bronze Wrangler. Threw a bunch of clay pigeons up on a berm @ 7yds & 50yds. Lots of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It would be yesterday at this point but I shot several different loads in my .45 Colt NM Blackhawk. It was more about the ammo than the revolver. Curious about some loads I have been making but had never chrogographed and one with 340 gr cast bullets (resized from .458 (45-70) to .452). I haven't found much load data on that size bullet and am proceeding slowly, I am not looking to create 'Ruger Only' type loads, just something that moves bowling pins straight back off the table. I am up to about 625 fps with the brass falling out of the cylinder by gravity after being fired, the pins appear to be 'impressed'. Still learning to use the 'new' (last fall) Labradar as this is the first time it has been out this year. It has it's 'quirks' but is so much more convenient not having to align sky screens or go forward of the firing line at all to use.

Bruce

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ruger 10/22 with the replacement Ruger trigger and a Protec red 'plus' sight a friend gave me several years ago.
50 yards. Blazer ammo. Last 10 shots after some adjustments on the Protec.

·
Registered
219 Posts
A new SR1911 Commander. First 5 rounds at 5 yards. Somewhat shocked me as I was having
trouble getting a comfortable grip on the pistol. Seemed odd as I have a 22/45 and two other 1911
that I have no problem with getting a good grip.

View attachment 155615

I first brought it home and disassembled to clean and oil. Did not look like it was shot at the factory.
Very little lube if any at all. Here it is after cleaning, oiling and reassembled.

View attachment 155616

I have been working on the NRA levels, I passed Level 1. ONE flyer due to a flinch.

View attachment 155617

So I get home and start the cleaning. Wiping down those pretty chrome looking mags I hear this rattling inside one of the mags.
Oh no, something broken already. After some shaking and rotating the mag I see this guy peeking out:

View attachment 155618

There were two of them! THAT explains why one mag could not take a full load.

View attachment 155619
Great looking gun!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ruger bolt gun day for me yesterday. Took my 77/357 and Ruger American 22 to the range. Shooting .38 special out of the 77/357 so very comfortable day recoil wise. Both fun to shoot. H
IMG_20210316_184411.jpg

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Another day when I did not shoot but I managed to chronograph a few rounds as a friend was breaking in his new Bergara in 6.5 Creedmore. He was doing the 'one shot and clean' stage so between the cleaning and his needing to talk with everyone it took an hour to get three readings (I missed his first having forgotten that with the Labradar you have to pick a 'speed range' and had left it in 'pistol mode').
Winchester Match 140 gr
Low 2,750 fps
High 2,750 fps
In between 2,752 fps
ES 5 fps
I haven't bothered to look at SD yet. I understand that three rounds tested is statistically worthless but it was cool to see. Not sure how much more he shot as several of us adjourned to an air conditioned restaurant at that point. It will be interesting to see how later testing compares.

Bruce

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Summer is here. Schools out and so are the Henrys. Grandkids are having fun. Glad I bought all those bucket of bullets and bulk 22LR when they were still cheap to get and shelves were bursting with cheap ammo. :)

·
Registered
582 Posts

Took out my Walther P22 for the first time. What a disappointment. One magazine works fine but my second one give me the hiccups. I'm going to give it 500 rounds of CCI Mini Mags before I give it "Good" review. Right now I have my doubts.

I did all the reading and watched so many videos and they state that it's a good gun, in the majority. Some say not to buy but other say it's the best thing out there. Mine groups well but the one mag is giving me fits. Hopefully I'll just be able to find another magazine or two.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Went to the range this morning, I was having FTF's with my Mark IV Hunter 1 or 2 rounds per mag, I tried multi firings with the misfired rounds I thought it was the cheap ammo I had, I took some of the misfired rounds apart and found the primer material all broken up mixed with the powder, the strike on the shell casing looked narrow and not real deep so I ordered a Volquartsen Bolt Tune-Up Kit It came with a firing pin and a extractor I installed them last night, I ran two hundred rounds thru this morning Remington, winchester, and peters ammo and did not have a single misfire. Problem solved.

·
Super Moderator
4,392 Posts
I didn’t make it. Had my range bag and a couple handguns packed for a lunch range trip, but work got so busy, I didn’t even get lunch. Bummer

·
Registered
582 Posts
Got to fire my Volquarten Mamba today, checking it out for this week's Steel Challenge Match. Unfortunately I had a few failure to feeds using CCI Mini Mags. No problems with SV but unless the gun runs 500 rounds without a flaw I won't shoot it in a match.

Fortunately my 617 was the real winner again. It's shooting everything I put in it. I just replaced the front sight with a green Fiber Optic, got in 4 new DS-10 Speed Loaders and loaded up 350 rounds in the loaders so I'm ready for SC with the revolver. Hopefully I'll get the Mamba up and running for the next match.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,377 ·
Shot my Sig 365 today and a Colt New Frontier in 22lr.
what went bad was the Ultramax 9mm Remanufactured round exploded in the gun. Probably a foolish double or triple charge remanufactured round.
splattered my face and right hand. Old rounds probably from the 90s

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Daisy pump-up BB rifle. Chipmunks/streakers are on the loose again.

Pest control is once again upon us.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Helped bro and his friends sight in some new optics on their rifles. A red dot on an AR, a 788 in 22-250 with a new scope and a nib Savage Axis in 6.5CM combo. I wish ammo had been more available to these guys to get familiar with their new hardware but we got them all grouping nicely with factory fodder, some practice and some things to think about. That dern Savage non Accu-trigger trigger broke at what seemed like 8-9 lbs. Good times though. Abundant grinning.

3361 - 3380 of 3389 Posts