Ruger Forum banner
3421 - 3440 of 3477 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Took my wife last Friday and we shot Mini-Mags and some Aquila with our LCPII22LR, SR22 and LCRx. We also took our snubbies and shot some Blazer 38spc. NO issues with any of our tools and just had fun. One thing we did is take home a S&W MP 15-22 22LR rifle. We told everyone it was for my granddaughter but in reality it is for all of us. I intend on sharing this with my granddaughter at some point. It is now cleaned and prepped for its first outing this week.
Wood Automotive tire Tire Gas Flooring

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yesterday my wife shot her new LCP Max .380 and I shot my new S&W Shield Plus 9mm. Both of us were satisfied with the pistols and the results.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yesterday I shot another 200 rounds or so from my new 1911. I absolutely love it. Also tried a friend's fnx 45 tactical. Grip takes some getting used to but 15 rounds available is nice.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Factory folder Ruger Mini 14, AR Pistol, SKS, Swiss Mauser Luger, Glock 17, Glock 19, Marlin model 60, 1954 Ruger MKI, Ruger MKI, Ruger SR22. Great day with Daughter, Grandson and Son in Law. Love having ammo to burn!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I shot my Savage axis 223. Trying to figure out some grouping issues. I think i have it figured out. Scope base issue. I took the scope off when i got home. One screw on the back base was loose by a 1/4 turn. On the front base one was loose by a 1/2 turn. Groups opened up more with higher velocity loads. Next outing i'll find out if that was the issue. I checked the action mount screw and free float all was fine there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My oldest Son wanted me to build him an AR10 from the Armalite lower I had. He requested all parts be Armalite and so here is the result. This gun turned out to be much better looking than I expected. He really likes the look as well. Took it to the range and it is a hole in a hole shooter at 100 yards. Hope to take it to a buddies range that I can shoot out to 500 yards to see how well it shoots.
Plant Wood Grass Fence Outdoor bench

·
Registered
88 Posts
XDM Elite. It is black, the lights give it some strange gold tint. The sights were the higher version to
accommodate a suppressor and all black, which I do not like at all. Yet I seem to shoot well with these high black sights unlike some other pistols with all black sights.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

Here are the first set of 5 shots with the red dot off at 7 yards.

Circle Recreation Font Illustration Graphics

7 yards with the red dot on.

Wheel Circle Auto part Font Automotive wheel system

I find the co-witness of the red dot and normal sights annoying. I get out to 10 yards and start spray painting all over,
more than my normal increase is spread. I like a front red fiber optic so I might change out the sights and
move the red dot to some other pistol.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Tested some Federal Target rimfire in our LCPII22LR and new S&W15-22. The LCPII22LR cycled the Federal Target with NO issue. The S&W15-22 loved the Federal and it was very accurate. Also of course shot some Mini-Mags and Blazer40g with good results in both LCPII22LR and S&W15-22. Shot some Blazer 115 .9mm through my Ruger 9E for practice. Just another FUN excursion to the range. Nothing better than range time.
Hood Air gun Machine gun Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
88 Posts
The intent was to run 4 different round nose lead 22LR through the CZ 457 and then zero in a new red dot on the 10/22. 50 Yards all targets. Scope on the CZ is a Vortex Crossfire R.
The range officers did not show up and I do not have my official card yet. So one of the other guys opened the range and let me handle most of the legwork. And I had to find another RO to finish the last hour of open hours.

I was only able to run the CZ. First I ran 20 rounds of Winchester Wildcat. An older box I had from many years ago.
The red dot shows intended point of aim. I call this spray painting. And I figured this would happen.

Rectangle Textile Triangle Floor Line

Next was some new Norma TAC22. One of the rifle target members says it is the best. Seems so. I sighted
the rifle using Federal target which has a 1200 fps rating. So I had to move the point of aim up a bit.
The middle target is 5 rounds from a true rifle master. Gives me a good reference point on my effort.
He was hitting a 6 inch metal gong at 200 yards with a 22 last week.

Rectangle Triangle Wood Font Floor

Then I went to Blazer. I could not find the FPS on the box but looking it up it was 1235 fps. I did not expect
the nearly same drop as the slower Norma. More spread than Norma but not as bad as the Winchester.
The errant hole on the left target is from the kid next to me.

Triangle Wood Font Pattern Symmetry

Finally the Federal. Next time I will take only the Norma and Federal and retest.

Rectangle Triangle Font Traffic sign Line

It was a good day. The kid next to me was shooting another members H&K 22 AR. After some repeated safety
instructions he was doing quite well. At the end he said wow, 3 hours, felt like 3 minutes. Maybe we have a
new member (his dad) and a new shooter.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yesterday I shot this fantastic pellet pistol.

And this lovely Diana RWS 22.cal Magnum- Pellet- -custom tuned.

·
Registered
685 Posts

Shot my Volquartsen Black Mamba for a Steel Challenge Match. Had lot of fun because I also lent my modified Ruger Mark IV 22/45 with a 5.5 inch target barrel to one of the women that is just getting started. She shot the Lite last month and the 5.5 inch today to see the difference. She now wants to buy the lite.

I didn't have my best match but far from my worst. I really need to start working on making sure I'm bringing my trigger straight back. I could see my sight on the center of the target and then I'm miss to the right or left depending on my trigger finger.

I had a number of films taken and it seems that that is the main problem. Glad, I now know what to work with.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Took the kid to the range this last weekend. .22 went great. I loaded magazines and she shot them (did better than me). Had to sight in a Mossberg 500 20ga. Hoping she could handle it. Nope, I was wrong. She got her first taste of a half moon. Luckily the scope has a large rubber ring on it.
Problem is we live in shotgun territory. She would have no problem handling a .243. I told her next time we will work up a little slower.
Shooting range Air gun Grass Plant Shade

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Took out the big bores today. My CVA 44 mag rifle. Shot some clays i put out at the 100 yard line. The rifle is zeroed at 50 yards. After i figured out what hold over line on BDC scope i was nail them. Also shot my SW 25-5. 45 colt. Shot some steel with it. My son shot his 50 cal inline and his SW 10-8. 38 Special.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I was out with .45 Colt, .357 and .22 revolvers this weekend. Felt good to be shooting again. At least I can still hit what I aim at (mostly). The range has been tied up with 'events' for the pass weekends over the summer. For the working guy, these events are a real 'bummer'.

·
Registered
Ruger .44 Carbine, Security-Six, Service-Six, Mini-14, .30 Carbine Blackhawk
726 Posts
Took the kid to the range this last weekend. .22 went great. I loaded magazines and she shot them (did better than me). Had to sight in a Mossberg 500 20ga. Hoping she could handle it. Nope, I was wrong. She got her first taste of a half moon. Luckily the scope has a large rubber ring on it.
Problem is we live in shotgun territory. She would have no problem handling a .243. I told her next time we will work up a little slower.
I always enjoyed taking my girl to the range. Now I take her son.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
The wife and I went to our newly acquired property and ran one of the ARs, the SP101 and the wifes T100 Canik.

Reactions: JohnnyDollar
3421 - 3440 of 3477 Posts