Ruger Forum banner
3461 - 3477 of 3477 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts

Shot my Mark IV 22/45 Lite today, getting ready for Steel Challenge and shooting my backup gun for a change.

I really like this pistol. It swings from target to target a bit faster than my Black Mamba so I want to see in competition how I do. I fired 200 rounds of CCI Blazer without a catch and some CCI Standard Velocity. The SVs sure do have less report and less recoil.

The Carolina Crusher compensator reduces muzzle flip a bit but also increases the report which helps the timer pick up my shots.

All internals are Volquartsen and the trigger pull is 1 pound 5 to 7 ounces on my Lyman Digital Scale. It has a Cornerstone Safety from Tandemkross and their Victory Trigger, although I use the VQ trigger most of the time. I do like the straight trigger, it's just like what I have on my 1911.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Went to the range to try various bullet jump distances in my 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger Precision. Best group at 1 00 yards was 7/16". The shoulder bump was 0.002" with a 0 .030" jump. Next trip will be to find time powder load with this jump.
Handwriting Font Art Rectangle Circle

Automotive tire Plant Grass Camera accessory Bicycle fork

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had the Lipsey’s Bisley SS 3.75” convertible 45 Colt/45 ACP (picture in post #3458) out again today but using the 45 Colt cylinder. I was shooting reloads today, cast 255 SWC and Speer 250 GDHP, both over 9.0 grains of Unique. Also shot my Ruger Single Six 22, shooting some old Winchester Wildcat 22LR.
I bought this gun new in 1976, but it must have been made earlier as it’s not “Liberty” marked.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Also shot my Winchester 9422 22LR and Marlin 1894 45 Colt 16” leverguns. Another great weather day in the 60’s for shooting Sixguns and Leverguns.:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
The SR1911 thread had me get out mine and go shooting last night. Also brought my CZ97B
for a comparison.

10 yards and several factory ammo all FMJ 230 grain. The differences in the sights
and triggers. The stock SR1911 has a 4 lb 5 oz average break and a nice short travel.
Although smooth the CZ is 5 lb 2 oz average break but a much longer pull and reset.

I need more practice with each. I should have used one continuously for each
column of targets.

Hairstyle Orange Organism Font Art

Left column is SR1911 and the right is CZ. If I had to choose to keep just one
of the two it would be the SR1911.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mini 30 and MPR. Mini 30 ran fine, one dead Tula round out of 60 which is normal in my experience. Was able
to hit the metal gong 2x at 200 meters with iron sights. Rest of the hits was with the MPR which is the
smoothest Ruger 556 in my stable.

All my hits (the hole was existing) - I painted it before we started.

Grass Gas Circle Metal Soil

MPR at 200 meters to check scope zero.

Circle Recreation Pattern Composite material Auto part

·
Registered
685 Posts
Shot a Steel Challenge match with my Black Mamba and shot a few rounds to test my Colt Gold Cup Trophy. The Mamba worked great and I shot my fastest score since returning to shooting.

The Colt only worked fine: I had a few jams, related to the Mainspring, so I'll be taking it apart and formint the new spring.

All-in-all, a great shooting day.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Headed out to shoot two different loads at 21 feet with my newly acquired Match Champion, I must say it was a great trade. He got my GP100 6" half lug, and
I got the Match Champion 4" which I couldn't be happier with.

Plant Snow Wood Tree Branch
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood
Plant Snow Wood Rectangle Twig

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Nice GP-100 you have there.

I was out this afternoon with two Model Ps (one a Taylor .44 Special, other a Cimarron .45 Colt) and a Ruger .44 Special flattop. Fun day at the range plinking out to 50+ yards or so. Minimum targets are set at 25 yards as anything closer is really to close for testing your skills unless sighting in a revolver. I was a bit rusty as first time out in the last month or two. Nice and sunny but windy!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Today my adult son and I had our monthly day at the indoor range. Shot LCPII .22 and .380, and a 2013 Walther PPK/S .22. Went through a few hundred .22 from various manufacturers and about 100 .380’s. 380’s just too hard to come by to shoot too many.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Shot 100 rounds in my Black Mamba today. 50 of CCI Blazer and 50 CCI SV. All went off perfectly and all my rounds landed in the X ring on the Bianchi target at 20 yards shooting off hand. I'm trying to build up my confidence at that distance for shooting Pendulum at Steel Challenge.

I also shot my 1911 22 and it's working fine. I need to swap out parts a bit just for fun. It's got a 4 pound trigger pull now and what an improvement.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Actually was 2 days ago....ran 50 rounds through my “little” LCP II 22 RF. All shots were at moderate pace (a shot every 1 to 1 1/2 seconds. The first 4 magazines were fired from the end of our front sidewalk, across the driveway, 9 or so yards to our “front yard range” backstop. For the last 10 rounds, walked back to porch steps, now around 26 yards to target. 10 rounds, at about the same pace as before.....pretty sure that you could cover all 10 rounds with 2 open hands. Match quality groups, absolutely not.....but, considering the firearm, I was pretty happy! memtb

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Range Day Dec. 2, 2021. Had a good day at the range testing some ammo and magazines. Just a quick 90 minutes of practice. No pics of any targets but had a good day keeping groups in the same area. (Some of them)

*1., Ruger P345. I had a ProMag 10 round magazine for a P90 that I ran 30 rounds through without issue using some Speer. I would trust it for a range magazine and will continue to test it. I had this mag for a year and only use Ruger mags so I tested it for use. I love this P345 and it shoots GREAT groups for me. I know it is not for everyone, but I love this P345. Never had one issue with it and for an old guy with bad hands it is easy for me to rack, shoot and maintain. My favorite Ruger and not afraid to admit that I have so much fun shooting it. “P” series rule!
*2., Ruger LCPII22LR. Ran x40 rounds of Federal Punch 22LR and 50 rounds of CCI Velocitor’s with a bunch of MiniMags without fail. Just wanted to see how the Feds worked with this LCP. I still have had NO issues with this little Ruger after 4,000 plus rounds.
*3., Ruger EC9s. Just the weekly Blazer 115g.(39 rounds) to dust off this little girl. Love shooting it. No issues. This week I had great groups at 7, 10 and 15->last week was not so good so go figure.
*4., S&W 642. Only shot x10 rounds of American Eagle 130g. FMJ. I love this revolver, so it always gets dusted off because I rely on this one. (I like my LCR’s but this one is always by me)
Already looking forward to the next range trip.
Road surface Grey Asphalt Flooring Gas

Reactions: memtb
3461 - 3477 of 3477 Posts