Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what other collectors focused on...I have friends that collect military arms, some that collect shotguns, some are brand-specific collectors, and some collect the oddities. My wife and I enjoy shooting rimfires so that's the lion's share of our collection...we're not brand specific; we just buy what we like; everything from a late 1800's Shattuck in .32 rimfire to a Glock 44. Rugers make up the biggest number of a particular brand because I buy nearly every Mark series pistol and 10/22 I find. What do you like to collect?

Registered
make mine 45 acp 馃槑
nice pile - ive lately been looking at some older Ruger single actions - ive enjoyed shooting the couple i have stumbled over and looking for more..

but over the last 15 years ive collected brits - victorian era up to WW1 - webley, enfield,adams, martini, snider, bayo/blades, etc..

rule-britannia-wt-640x360.jpg

Registered
Very nice rack there of rifles. Not sure if a true collector as I shoot everything I own. Old timers or newer I get what attract my interest. I usually do not go with any particular gun in mind except my M1 Garand and M1 Carbine. The single actions do seem t be growing in numbers now.

Corps Commander NGV
I collect good deals on shooters. Rimfire pistols and rifles, Ruger single actions, mil-surp rifles, dbl action revolvers, deer rifles, 12 and 20ga shotguns....pretty much any quality gun at a good price.

Registered
Umm, guns, and Sears Garden tractors from 1967-1979 mostly...

My collection of guns is based on childhood tv shows, military guns, good shooters, fun shooters... basically if I see one I like or that I try and shoot well, I buy.
Mosin Nagants (91/30 and M44)
SKS
Lever guns
10/22's
shotguns (all mossberg 500 variants)
revolvers
Beretta 92FS
Mini 14
Bolt action guns
Shield
SD9VE smith and wesson

The Sears Tractors are based on (partly) need and partly on novelty. I have rebuilt a bunch, many have small diesel engines... I "think" I have 26 ish

Super Moderator
Very nice collections. I like single action revolvers, bolt action rifles, #1s and 1911s.

Cat Herder
My garage looks like I collect transmission parts. I decided with extended time off to try and rebuild my slipping 6L80 transmission. I definitely have more frictions and steels than gun and knives.

Registered
About the only thing I actually "collect" firearms wise is Iver Johnson Arms & Cycle Works and Johnson & Bye provided it was made in Worchester or Fitchburg Massachusetts or if it was imported and sold through IJ while they were still in Fitchburg (Uberti SA and BP revolvers and Marocchi OU shotguns mostly). Older "family photo" of most of the revolvers gives an idea.
ij family photo.jpg

Registered
I just try to find guns that are no longer made and are hard to find! So with that said my collection is not real big. I do have 6 lawn mowers though! 2 running, 4 not so much!

Grand Inquisitor
Looks like I am collecting Ruger Blackhawks. My second arrived at my LGS yesterday, purchased from HLG here. I do paperwork today and take possession.

I own three classic vehicles, and I collect parts for them. I also build scale models, so that is a collection. As a bibliophile I collect books but nowadays only nice hardbacks that I will read, not simply look at. Generally, however, as I hit my 60s I am getting rid of stuff more than piling it up. I had to clean up for two hoarders and that changed me, profoundly.

Nice thing about model building? I might finish two kits a year. I buy one gun, max, per year. No chance of running out of space in my remaining years. Here are a couple of 1/72 planes I did, both stock Airfix kits, a Tamiya 1/35 Panther, and two Academy 1/72 Pacific-War antagonists.

Registered
I am an engineer so I am fascinated by different firearm designs more than collecting examples of any single type. I have a few safe queens, but for the most part I try to use them all from time to time.

About the only thing I "collect" is taxidermy mounts. Especially water fowl. My house looks like a scene from "The Birds"

IMG_0348.JPG

I do collect ammunition if this counts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
These are some really cool collections! One old lawnmower might be considered junk to some but two or three; then it becomes a collection! I guess I'm treading that fine line between collecting and hoarding...the wife is just as bad; she never gives me grief about my 700+ Hot Wheels and I don't complain about her 200+ teddy bears!

Registered
I was wondering what other collectors focused on...I have friends that collect military arms, some that collect shotguns, some are brand-specific collectors, and some collect the oddities. My wife and I enjoy shooting rimfires so that's the lion's share of our collection...we're not brand specific; we just buy what we like; everything from a late 1800's Shattuck in .32 rimfire to a Glock 44. Rugers make up the biggest number of a particular brand because I buy nearly every Mark series pistol and 10/22 I find. What do you like to collect? View attachment 142797
AKBoater:

I collect Rugers, Henrys and Glocks. I have a few "special guns" too, like a Colt 1911, Springfield M1A, and a number of Mossberg and Remington Shotguns.

My biggest collection are my Rugers. I have 27 10/22's. I tried to buy one of every color, HA, but I am missing few. I also have a number of the special, engraved stock models; Eagle, Gator, White Shark, Dragon, Farmer, etc. 95% of them will never be fired, but I have a few favorites I shoot regularly! Thinking about one of those new "Competition Models."

I have a pretty big Ruger Pistol collection too. Mostly the revolvers, but a number of the semi-autos too.

Love My Rugers.

Registered
I鈥檓 not a collector, just an accumulator. :) I do have a smattering of Ruger SAs though. Two SBHs, a Bisley and a regular frame, a Bisley .45 Colt, a Lipsey鈥檚.44 Special, a Blackhawk .41 mag, and a Single Six convertible. I鈥檓 currently thinking on a Birdshead in .327 Federal, but can鈥檛 find one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts