Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am used to wearing a sheild iwb, but really enjoy revolvers. I have a gp100 which is great. Is the sp101 too big and heavy to be comfortable inside pants? Thank you

·
Registered
880 Posts
I carry a 2" SP101 357 at 1:30 AIWB and it is one of my favorite go-to carry guns.

To me it is not bulky or too heavy just ergonomically correct for carrying. It is easy to conceal and with ammo options like 357 magnum hollow point, I never feel under powered.

Great gun.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I sometimes carry a Beretta 92FS IWB so it depends upon your build, belt, and ability I guess...I'm 6'2" 235# so YMMV.... ;)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Any thoughts on 357 vs 38 lcr with the laser grips?
It's sold the 38 and got the 357. I can't feel any difference and the flexibility of ammo is a bonus. Personally I don't think lasers are useful on snubs. Ymmv. I got the G10 smooth grips and consider this gun along with a Simply Rugged pancake almost perfect for me. The weight and size when worn at 4 o'clock is excellent. Get a good belt that fits the width of your pant belt loops! The triggers on the LCRs are the best I've felt.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I have both the Shield and LCR (.38) with IWB holsters for each. I find the Shield's slimmer profile more comfortable personally. Plus I'd rather carry eight 9mm than five .38s.
I do carry the LCR occasionally, more often when I can drop it in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
2 1/4" SP101 is my usual carry gun in an inexpensive Galco IWB holster. Carrys well enough I forget its there even when active. A good belt makes all the difference.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I carry a 2" SP101 357 at 1:30 AIWB and it is one of my favorite go-to carry guns.

To me it is not bulky or too heavy just ergonomically correct for carrying. It is easy to conceal and with ammo options like 357 magnum hollow point, I never feel under powered.

Great gun.
My thoughts exactly. Reliable, powerful and concealable. And that carry position is just great.

·
Super Moderator
22,137 Posts
I carry mine in a Crossbreed Supertuck. It spread the weight out over a wide area of the belt and if you have a good belt then it carries easily. The belt is the key. I like to carry in the 4:00 o'clock position.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Its a matter of getting use to the weight of the 2.25 SP101 with it loaded close to 30 ounces I am guessing. My problem with the IWB is the thickness of the revolver cylinder. I even have a LCRX the snub version .38 special & having problems with even the IWB with it! But my thoughts are to try and get use to it. There are enough guys here not having problems with the SP101 IWB. The LCR .357 vs .38Special with the laser grips just get a .357 LCR that way it doesn't limit you in what you can shoot thru it. Another option is the new .327 FM LCR!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I carry my SP101 in a Bobby Mac IWB. There are no better snub nose holsters on the market IMHO. As others have said, get a good belt and you are good to go

1 - 20 of 38 Posts