Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I really love the Bourne movies! I can't wait to see this new one. What does ol' Jason shoot, can you tell from these pictures??

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Appears to be a beretta in those pics.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A good looking weapon fer sure. Maybe I should stick with Bourne's less expensive lethal defense weapons, like rolled up magazines, Bic pens, etc....

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
quote:Originally posted by EddieF

A good looking weapon fer sure. Maybe I should stick with Bourne's less expensive lethal defense weapons, like rolled up magazines, Bic pens, etc....
You could try a Taurus PT92...looks and feels like a Beretta and priced like a Ruger. In some ways better than the Beretta, because you can carry it cocked and locked like a 1911, or decock it like a Beretta and shoot the first round D/A. Had a stainless one once and should have kept it. It was a very reliable gun.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Hey speaking of Taurus, did you happen to see that show the other day, maybe American Rifleman, where they toured the Taurus factory? Pretty interesting, they explained that metal injected mold process which was pretty cool, and spent some time on the Judge, which was VERY cool. I don't own any Taurus guns but the company came off well in that show.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
quote:Originally posted by EddieF

Thanks. Hey speaking of Taurus, did you happen to see that show the other day, maybe American Rifleman, where they toured the Taurus factory? Pretty interesting, they explained that metal injected mold process which was pretty cool, and spent some time on the Judge, which was VERY cool. I don't own any Taurus guns but the company came off well in that show.
I didn't get to see the show, but I read an article in some gun rag a while back. The author took the tour and came back very impressed. I do own a PT1911 and PT745. I've had great luck with the 1911...not so good with the 745. I've got some slide stop issues with it and think I'm going to have to send it back to Taurus. The only other Taurus I owned was that PT92. It was excellent. People that I know say that Taurus is kind of hit and miss - you either get a great one or a lemon. I guess there is a little truth to that with any gun maker (less with Ruger and than most). I agree with you on the Judge...pretty cool looking revolver.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Funny you should mention the Bourne movies. I had never seen one until last night. The Bourne Identity was on USA channel last night. Good movie! I liked the ball point pen thing...a fighting man uses whatever is available to do the job. I see they have a new one - The Bourne Ultimatum out. Were there others?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the second one is Bourne Supremacy, and I feel it is a little better than the first, but I love them both. I will see Bourne Ultimatum this weekend, that is the third (and I believe final) in the series. I think the fight scenes and chase scenes are just great. None of this pounding someone's head a hundred times and he gets up. In the Bourne movies, people get hurt. When Bourne hits you, you hurt. And when the bad guys hit back, he gets hurt.

It's not critical, but there is a story here so it might be good to rent Supremacy before you see Ultimatum.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Thanks Eddie! I'll do that. We have a little video rental place pretty close to where I live and they always have a good selection of action movies.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Yep, been looking forward to the new Bourne movie. Plan to see it this weekend. I have the other two in DVD, and have watched them several time each. I agree with you EddieF. The second is even better than the first and the two are linked so it's best to see them both in sequence. Very good movies. I find the sequels are usually lacking from the originals, not so with these. Highly recommended to any wanting a good action movie. I'm just hoping the Bourne Ultimatum lives up to it's predecessors. Too bad you don't live closer Eddie, We could go together!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A local movie reviewer here in the DC area (I hate the guy, but that's beside the point) said this is the best of the three! I'm psyched. Plus, it's 181 degrees out all weekend, so it'll be nice to sit in a cool theater for a few hours. Jimbo, sounds good, we could meet in South Carolina or something and go see it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
There used to be a web site that had all the info on what guns were used in what movies. It was an excellent site, but I can't find it now. It would have had this information. I know it had the info for the earlier Bourne movies.

Bob

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
OK Eddie, I'll be in Greenville SC at 2PM on Sunday, Wait, that's more than half way. Let's do like the old math class- if you leave DC at 8AM Saturday and drive a constant 74mph and I leave Alexandria at 7AM and drive an average of 78mph, where will the two cars meet? I must be tired-----

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey-hey, Jimbo! Don't forget 'bout Albo's new traffic fines. With all respect, Eddy can't go that fast in VA, unless he wants to catch a weird RD-ticket or meet you in jail. :D

PS. i95S is not all 65, has many places with 55 and even 45 speed limits. :(

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay we'll all go see it separately this weekend, then Sunday night we'll meet back here for an evening version of the early risers coffee shop. This one will have nachos and beer. Deal?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts