Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can remember when keyboards had a cent key. Have we lost all our sense? I think the @ key replaced it.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
We still have the % key. As in what percent of your assets can we tax!!

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I just found this on the web.

1. Turn on the keyboard's “Num Lock” option. If you want to insert the symbol with the keyboard, you need an active 10-key numeric keypad.

2. Open the program where you want to use the cent symbol.

3. Click on a text field in the program. The place where the symbol will appear is indicated by a flashing vertical line.

4. Press and hold the “Alt” key.

5. Type “0162” using your computer's numeric keypad. You must use the numeric keypad, as the typed code does not work with the numbers near the keyboard's top row. After a second or two, the cent symbol appears on the screen. If it does not appear, then the program you are using does not support this special character.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have a feeling 303lithgow is really bored this morning.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hey someone is online. Someone is online! :) I've been in a house for a week with no one else, no internet, and no TV.
You are being tested.
I am not sure for what but so far the results do not look good.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Depending on what OS you have, each key can have multiple functions and choices of what it'll make.

standard: `1234567890-=
"shift": [email protected]#$%^&*()_+
"alt": `¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº–≠

Then each alpha key has it's own 3rd option as well

·
Registered
342 Posts
i forgot how to make superscript. do they still have that????

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
The % key is to show what you'll have left after BHO is finished with you..... :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :D :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
ASCII control codes table

Install the Windows International keyboard map, and entering these characters becomes much easier.

edit: I don't think I've ever seen a ¢ key on an electronic keyboard, only on old manual typewriters, and the Selectric ball typewriter we interfaced with a homebrew S-100 bus computer in the late 70's.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts

1. Turn on the keyboard's “Num Lock” option. If you want to insert the symbol with the keyboard, you need an active 10-key numeric keypad.

3. Click on a text field in the program. The place where the symbol will appear is indicated by a flashing vertical line.

5. Type “0162” using your computer's numeric keypad. You must use the numeric keypad, as the typed code does not work with the numbers near the keyboard's top row. After a second or two, the cent symbol appears on the screen. If it does not appear, then the program you are using does not support this special character.
SWEET! I just tried this in "wordpad" & it worked! I shouldn't really be this happy about it, but I feel like I just got my "cents" back! Interesting post. :D

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SWEET! I just tried this in "wordpad" & it worked! I shouldn't really be this happy about it, but I feel like I just got my "cents" back! Interesting post. :D
Maybe we should have an education thread. No, nobody here would use it.:D

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Just to clarify #5. If it does not appear, it means the font you have active does not support that character, the program my with different font.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I can remember when keyboards had a cent key. Have we lost all our sense? I think the @ key replaced it.
If you have a numeric keyboard, make sure your numlock is on. Press Alt+0162. If you're using a short keyboard on a laptop, just turn you numlock on and the 789UIOJKLM keys become your numeric keyboard. Do the same.

Or, just click on Programs, Accessories, Character Map, select the ¢, click select, click copy then paste it into your document or this message editor.

Typewriters have the ¢ on the keyboard, not 'puters. :D

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Hey someone is online. Someone is online! :) I've been in a house for a week with no one else, no internet, and no TV.
When you're not here, we just don't feel like posting. :rolleyes:

I was trying to keep up the bad jokes in your absence. ;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts