1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Bet ya had one..... :D

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I saw a well made "ray gun" in a Hallmark store the other day, fifteen bucks. Looked pretty serious, bright lights, with a loud, high quality sound to rival Star Trek's phasers.

I was tempted to buy it, just to spaz out other shooters when I go to the range. Watch 'em all move away when I start "firing" at some targets.........:D

I think it was this:

http://www.amazon.com/Can-You-Imagi...id=1353697723&sr=8-11-spell&keywords=spacegun

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Saw this the other day on Yahoo News...it was in an article about "Really Bad Toy Ideas". The pacifist pantywaists at Yahoo apparently think giving kids toy guns is a no-no. Who knew?:rolleyes:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Saw this the other day on Yahoo News...it was in an article about "Really Bad Toy Ideas". The pacifist pantywaists at Yahoo apparently think giving kids toy guns is a no-no. Who knew?:rolleyes:
I agree. They should be given real guns. :) I know this may seem funny or odd but I believe if a kid is old enough to know what a gun is and what it does they should be given the real thing and taught gun safety. Don't just give them a toy and told to "go play". They will learn to play shootin' and aim at people.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey, NCLEO89, your photo is from the Western Pacific Museum?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmmmm, I was a kid back when these were advertised and readily available. No one I know, no one in my whole home town, grew into mass murderers. Maybe it was because we got to play out our fantasies as kids and moved beyond them.

Oh, and where can I get three or four of those at the $3 price? ;=}

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Hmmmm, I was a kid back when these were advertised and readily available. No one I know, no one in my whole home town, grew into mass murderers. Maybe it was because we got to play out our fantasies as kids and moved beyond them.

Oh, and where can I get three or four of those at the $3 price? ;=}
I was raised the same way and haven't became a mass murderer either but looking back I think it might not be the best way. Of course I "caught" many a bad guy with my Sgt Preston of the Yukon gun and holster.:D

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Hey, NCLEO89, your photo is from the Western Pacific Museum?
Actually, I'm not 100% sure where my avatar pic came from; I'm not very good with computers, and my Ruger forum bud jlh820 was kind enough to help me out with finally getting one. I can tell you [though you probably already knew] that it's a photo of a Union Pacific "Centennial" locomotive, aka a DDA40X.... in all her 6,600 HP, 98 feet 5 inches length, 260.99 tons of glory!:cool:

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
I agree. They should be given real guns. :) I know this may seem funny or odd but I believe if a kid is old enough to know what a gun is and what it does they should be given the real thing and taught gun safety. Don't just give them a toy and told to "go play". They will learn to play shootin' and aim at people.
+1.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I remember something similar when I was a kid. But I think my favorite was a mortar that launched a shell with caps in the nose. There was some sort of spring in the rounds that you compressed, and when you dropped it down the tube it would fly out 30 feet or so. Haven't seen the likes of it since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts