Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used my short barreled SP101. It made a mighty fine showing too. In fact, it out shot most of the full sized bottom feeders that day. The instructor kept borrowing it to show the class what a fine choice it made if you wanted to carry a revolver. Kind of made me feel like a Rock Star for a minute. :D :rolleyes:
The only one I was slightly jealous of, was another instructor had a 4" 686 Smith. Fine weapon.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
The ONLY weapon I ever actually "qualified" officially on was an M16.

Pop up targets to 400 meters. I shot 40 out of 40. Several times.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I tried to qualify switching back and forth with an S&W Model 36 and a Glock 19. The instructor raised an eyebrow but said there wasn't any rule against it. After the first two strings I had a miss or two with the snubbie. Finished the rest of the test with the Glock. :cool:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Back then, if you tested with a revolver, your license was only good for a revolver. I didn't really have a semi for carrying yet, so I used my Beretta 96.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I used my Ruger P95. We qualified at 7 yards. It was 22 degrees that day. Everyone used my UpLula to load their magazines because it was so cold. I was proud of my target, so I took a picture of it. The instructor said "This guy is a shooter" when he walked past.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I used my Ruger P95. We qualified at 7 yards. It was 22 degrees that day. Everyone used my UpLula to load their magazines because it was so cold. I was proud of my target, so I took a picture of it. The instructor said "This guy is a shooter" when he walked past.

Dang ! . Nice shooting. :)

"any ya all dont want kilt better just head on out the back". :D

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,843 Posts
I qualified on four weapons - a 22LR bolt action rifle, a 50 Cal. Black powder rifle, a 20 ga shotgun and a compound bow.

Sounds weird I know but Florida has an interesting twist in their concealed carry licensing. If you've taken the state's hunter safety course, which I went through when my son wanted to get involved in hunting, you are also qualified to get your concealed carry license. I'll admit it seems a little surprising since the hunter safety class did not cover handgun safety, concealed carry law in FL or include a handgun in the range portion of the class. But that's the way FL does it. I still had to fill out the forms, get the fingerprints, background check, pay the fees, etc. but the hunter safety course card sufficed in lieu of taking a CC class.

FL was one of the first (the first?) to have a concealed carry licensing system so what we have may not be perfect but maybe that's because there weren't a lot of other states to model. I've heard people say that the CC class they took was a pretty short & sweet quickie affair and one guy told me they qualified using an airsoft gun in his. Whatever. Part of me also appreciates the Constitutional Carry concept and the open carry option, neither of which we have here in FL.

But yeah - I qualified on 4 different "weapon systems". :p

·
Super Moderator
16,206 Posts
I used my trusty old P95 back in 2004. It also served as my carry pistol from 2004-06 :D

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
For the Texas CHL class, I used my .45 XDm 3.8" Compact. I was a novice handgun shooter at the time. Probably only had a couple hundred rounds through it before the class. Managed to do okay tho. 242 out of a possible 250. No doubt I could easily max it now.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
When I got my CCW I only had two guns, my KP90DC and MKIII. Felt a bit silly qualifying with a 22lr so I put my 45 to good use that day.

·
Super Moderator
21,251 Posts
We are all qualified in NH don't need a test.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,270 Posts
I qualified with an M1 Garand, an M-2 Carbine, an M-14, a BAR, an M-16, a 1911, a Ma Deuce 50 BMG, and twin 40MM on a Duster tank.

Another state I lived in required qualifying with your carry guns. I qualified with a Glock G20 10mm and an S&W 640 .357 magnum.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I've had to get a CWP in three states due to moving. First time with a Ruger Mark II. Second was with a S&W model 66. Third was with a Walther P99. Wow, just realized this was my 2000th post!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Texas License to Carry, a year ago, LCRx .38 using a mix of American Eagle (3 and 7 yards, and handloads at 15 yards. (more info than you wanted)

Qualified #2 (out of 320) with M-1 at Camp Elliott, NE of San Diego, Navy Boot Camp.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
For the Missouri CC permit, you are required to shoot a revolver & a semi-auto & we used Rugers, SP-101's & Mark III's & it went well.:cool:

·
One Star
9,631 Posts
A .38 special snubnose revolver that a friend let me use to get my CDWL.

1 - 20 of 249 Posts