Ruger Forum banner

201 - 220 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
My trusty, old Colt 1911 Series 70. Thought about using my S&W Model 29, but that might've been slightly overdoing it, not to mention probably scaring the pants off the others when I touched it off.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Did this year’s qual with my Shield9, 23 out of 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used a Smith & Wesson Model 19 snubbie w/ 38+p as opposed to full-power 357`s. Scored 100% on the shooting aspect and the friend I went with had a "bottom feeder" and pulled one or two. I still rag him about that from time to time.

207 Posts
I qualified in 2007 with my 2nd generation Glock 22:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
It has to be a center fire. Semi auto or wheel gun. Timed with a reload and scored for points.

·
Registered
72 Posts
In the military, a 1911 & M-1 Carbine twice/year. For my Oregon CHL, $75 in cash, and about an hour of trash-talk at my local CHL "Training Session".

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you are talking about qualifying for concealed carry - I used my S&W 39-2.

All but one in the center and the one was outside about an inch.....my bad!

Some of those folks couldn't hit the target. I hoped they all failed!!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Concealed carry, 1911 and 92FS.
Army, M14, M16, 1911, 106 recoiless, 3.5 rocket launcher, primary weapon .50 cal. machine gun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In NC caliber is not dictated to qualify. You buy your own ammo. I didn’t own a gun so I used the instructor’s Beretta Neos. .22lr was cheap and plentiful in 2008 so my Federal 325 box left me plenty left over for when I bought my Neos 2 years later. By 6 months after qualifying I had settled on .45 ACP for carry and haven’t regretted that decision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I still remember that day with a grin, I used a S&W 657 with a 4" barrel. First round I touched off had everyone stop and look to see what blew up. The person teaching the class and that ran the session I had known for years, he said it was funny to watch everyone as I shot my strings. That was 30+ years ago, but still get a kick out of it when I remember it. I carried that gun for years until I found a 2" 5 shot .41mag, and that is what I carry most of the time now.

201 - 220 of 261 Posts